fluffy corgi?!

• Gold Top Dog

I've seen plenty of working BCs over here that have short coats, and seen some short-coated pets, too.

They are working BC bred (there's working registries - I used to have a dog with grandparents registered Australian working lines) or they are ISDS dogs.  ANKC doesn't allow short coats. 

Okay, it's not actually a disqualification, that I can tell - I'm not seeing any d-q's actually - but here's how the part on coat reads in total and they've taken it to mean no short coats and bred it out of the show lines.

Double coated, with a moderately long, dense, medium textured topcoat while the undercoat is short, soft and dense, making a weather resisting protection, with abundant coat to form mane, breeching and brush. On face, ear tips, forelegs (except for feather), hind legs from hock to ground, the hair is short and smooth

• Puppy

I have a "fluffy" too.  He also has one blue eye, and one flop ear that doesn't stand up. He is just too cute! He looks like a "low-rider" sheltie.  I understand why they want to keep the breed short-haired as his hair gets really dirty since it is very long and he is so low to the ground.  But I love the long hair.    I once ran into a woman with a normal corgi at the farmers market.  She looked at Moose (my corgi) and said "Oh, he is a fluffy.  Did you know that is a fault?"  I should have said "Oh no!  Do you think I should just have him put down?!!  "