Anyone have an idea what breeds Bandit is?

• Silver

Anyone have an idea what breeds Bandit is?

This is Bandit around 1 yr old. His fur is only soft on his head and front of his legs everywere else is very corse and think. It is about an inch long also. He has webbed toes and and overbite that gets bigger as he gets older, his bottom teeth are almost 1/2 an inch farther out then his top. He is around 23in tall at his shoulders and 33in long from back of head to begining of tail. Any Ideas? If the pictures dont come out they are on my profile also.

• Gold Top Dog

How much those he weigh?

• Silver

sorry i told you everything but that...55-60lbs

• Gold Top Dog

His face and the blending of white hair on his chest make me think of an Australian Cattle Dog.

Tena

• Gold Top Dog

His face looks like he might have some Pit in him?!?

Maybe ACD/Pit mix? Probably some other dogs too but I think he resembles those to breeds more....but that is just me.

• Silver
    I was told maybe australian kelpie, think so?
    • Gold Top Dog
    I say ACD mix...
    • Gold Top Dog

Depending on where you live Kelpies are pretty uncommon.An ACD cross would be more likely in the US.Does he ever give a hard stare or show herding behaviors like an ACD does?

Tena

• Gold Top Dog

His expression,ears, head shape remind me of cattle dogs. But ther is something..Labish about his muzzle and legs. So I am going to say ACD mom and Labrador dad. 

• Gold Top Dog

ACD/Lab mix. He's a cutie!

• Silver

He might have some herding skills. When he runs with other dogs he will nip at there legs or push them with his side to get them to go the way he wants. His favorite thing to do with our other dog is to run and bite her heels when they are running. When he sees cows he goes crazy and if he is out of the truck will run after them real low to the ground. When he was a puppy he would run and bite/snip my slippers, the broom, anything that moved. I don't know if that is real herding behavior or not.

• Gold Top Dog

Yes those are classic herding behaviors! I stand by my original guess ACD mixWink

Tena

• Gold Top Dog

Over here we would call him a german shepherd/lab mix.

• Gold Top Dog

hsas2005

He might have some herding skills. When he runs with other dogs he will nip at there legs or push them with his side to get them to go the way he wants. His favorite thing to do with our other dog is to run and bite her heels when they are running. When he sees cows he goes crazy and if he is out of the truck will run after them real low to the ground. When he was a puppy he would run and bite/snip my slippers, the broom, anything that moved. I don't know if that is real herding behavior or not.

Sounds like ACD behaviour to me, I have been around two working ACD's and that is how they act.

• Silver

He is a one person dog too. He loves the family, but you can defiantly tell he is "my" dog. Getting him to listen to my husband is a challenge for my husband.