Breed suggestions...

• Gold Top Dog

I just e-maileed a women about a 2y/o Papillon. Hopefully she's not asking an arm and a leg. I've seen a few Doxie breeders have older dogs fofr adoption at $100, which is reasonable(spayed/neutered, UTD on shots, the whole 9yards).

I'm browsing for mutts and prue breds. But, calm, 10-25lbs, and good with kids(she has, like 10 grandkids.)

• Gold Top Dog

Do the shelters in your area have a program for seniors adopting seniors? I wouldn't normally think of someone your grammas age as a senior, but with her health - she falls more along the lines that prgrams like that look for.

Too bad you're so far away - the chi I have would be great for her.......

• Gold Top Dog

erica1989

Do the shelters in your area have a program for seniors adopting seniors? I wouldn't normally think of someone your grammas age as a senior, but with her health - she falls more along the lines that prgrams like that look for.

Too bad you're so far away - the chi I have would be great for her.......

No senior programs to my knowledge.

Hmmm.....maybe transport could be aranged? IDK still thou, I still need to see if she still wants a dog, and I'd rather do that in person

• Gold Top Dog

oh, def. I would never dream of transporting a dog for ADOPTION, fostering/transfer - yes, but adopters need to MEET with a pet before going home.

• Gold Top Dog

erica1989

oh, def. I would never dream of transporting a dog for ADOPTION, fostering/transfer - yes, but adopters need to MEET with a pet before going home.

True...I'll stick with the local shelters.....maybe after the holidays me, Gram, and cuz'o will go to the 3 or 4 local shelters....

• Gold Top Dog

My uncle told me that Grandma has years to live. So, I think after Christmas cuz'o and I will try this whole 'you need a dog to keep you companny' deal again....

• Gold Top Dog

Dogs help people in so many ways - studies show that pet owners live LONGER and HEALTHIER. =]

good luck in your search!

• Gold Top Dog

erica1989

Dogs help people in so many ways - studies show that pet owners live LONGER and HEALTHIER. =]

good luck in your search!

Thats WHY I want to get Gram a dog!!! Thanks Erica!