HELP! What breed am I?

• Bronze

HELP! What breed am I?

Hello everyone,

A friend of ours had this stray dog in her neighbor hood and was looking for a good home for him. So we adopted him and named him "Skip". He is an EXCELLENT dog. Very good temperament with my little son and very mild and good natured. He has been an instant hit around here. Only thing is, we don't know what breed he is. My mother-in-law says he's pit but while he does have a squared type head his body is more rounded and heavier kinda like a Lab. Anybody have any idea's what breed he resembles and is there a way to figure out about how old he is? His picture is on my profile page. Thanking everyone in advance.

• Gold Top Dog

Considering how popular both breeds are, my first guess would be Pit/Lab mix.  But something has me leaning towards Bullmastiff/Lab mix.

• Gold Top Dog
    I think he's definitely a Lab mixed with something, but I don't really see pit in there.  For some reason I was thinking hound, but he looks more lab than anything.
    • Gold Top Dog

I think he's definitely a lab mix.  I actually agree with maybe hound as the other part, but he looks very lab to me. 

• Gold Top Dog

It seems to me that one of his parents was/is almost certainly a lab. But I can't see any pit bull in him, as much as I try...

• Bronze

Just wanted to thank everyone for their replies. Skip thanks everyone too Dog

• Gold Top Dog

about how much does he weigh? and do you know an age??

something is saying ridgeback to me.... but that would depend on his size/age =]