Ridges on top of snout - breed association?

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Ridges on top of snout - breed association?

Always trying to figure out the mix Stick out tongue  He has gotten very prominant ridges on his snout especially near his nose.  Any breeds known for this or is it generic

thank you for playing - this is the best picture I could find of it - in real life it is VERY visible

• Gold Top Dog

Such things can happen in any breed, so no real help for breed guesses.

• Gold Top Dog

hum....I don't know specific breeds with that type of ridge, but I do walk a lab that has a ridge right down the middle of her muzzle. It's really weird!

• Gold Top Dog

I know quite a few dobes who have ridges down their snouts.  I think that I have a pic or two somewhere.

• Gold Top Dog

Well, Caleb has a "zipper", and there's nothing in him but Lab.  LOL  Just from that picture, tho, I see Lab/GSP.

• Gold Top Dog

I thought you meant a ridge like this one at first...

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Thanks all - Mick's mom we feel very strongly he has dane and boxer and bird dog.  The bird dog is the one we really struggle with, most say lab I swear it's GSP and we won't do the DNA test because it isn't very accurate

• Gold Top Dog

I still say dane and GSP and maybe some boxer although I've seen so many GSPs with the same white markings and bUgsy.  Maybe I just want yer big man to be "related" to my bony-butt guy...

The other day you posted some pictures, one of him in a full out run, and DH and I both commented on how he looks like Morrison on the run.

P8100040.jpg picture by skimmelman

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

I really do think it's gsp - much more his personality, energy, his movement IMHO, his eyes and ears (longer than a labs) and there's no question this boy's tail is the sort that is normally docked.  At Brookcove's farm she commented on that.  The way he carries it and also the way he uses it.

The white on his chest has a dividing line underneath it is the boxer big black spots on the white but above it is a slightly longer denser coat with ticking.  Somewhere I have  a picture that shows that.

He is a super short single coat which is brindled thus sometimes he looks black others brown (dane and boxer are brindled)

Whenever you post pics of your boys I look at them and always think I see more Morrison than Monroe.

His chest has really become more boxer as he has grown and the heavy muscling is from boxer I think.

Height, feet and some personality from dane - just about everyone sees that

Of course the clerk at Petsmart asked if he was a dane/ridgeback cross LOL

It will always be a mystery but I would put my money on gsp.   Big Smile