German Shepherds- Your favorite color?

• Gold Top Dog

German Shepherds- Your favorite color?

What is your favorite color for a German Shepherd?

I like Black and Silver, but long-haired black and gold sable is my favorite.

• Gold Top Dog

Black and Tan, Black and Red......I really like the Whites also.

• Gold Top Dog

black sable

black and red

blanket black and tan

• Gold Top Dog

Black and red or solid black. I also like bi-colors. Sables are not my fav, although I have seen some really nice looking ones. Big shock, but I love the longcoats, no matter what color!

My fuzzies:

• Gold Top Dog

Cassidys Mom

Black and red or solid black. I also like bi-colors. Sables are not my fav, although I have seen some really nice looking ones. Big shock, but I love the longcoats, no matter what color!

My fuzzies:

Yes,I love the long coats too. I wish Shadow was a longer coated pup,but shes not. My Shadow:

• Gold Top Dog

I like black sable

and Red/liver

• Gold Top Dog

Solid black, of course!!

I also love liesje's favorites...black sable and dark red/black.

Here's my black boy, but really i guess he's considered bi-color because he has tan legs...

• Gold Top Dog

Well, I have two black and tans, one white, two sables and a black and silver with a bit of tan.  The black and tans are the classic shepherd, but I love the looks of all of them.  Sheba, my little white ball of fur as a pup, stole my heart with her looks.
    • Gold Top Dog

My favorites are black/tan or black/red.  I have seen some very pretty sables, but there are some I just don't care for the looks of.  My black/tan pup is 11 weeks old (ten in the picture).

• Gold Top Dog
    I like the all whites and the all blacks. Also kinda like the silvery colors I have seen some in but I think those might have been husky mixes.
    • Gold Top Dog

I really like the white.  I think if I had one I'd want a white female.  I notice though there is a difference in the personality of the sexes --the females seem timid and shy.  I wonder if this is the normal or I just happen to have two females I sit for like that--they are from different families.

• Gold Top Dog

willowchow

I notice though there is a difference in the personality of the sexes --the females seem timid and shy.  I wonder if this is the normal or I just happen to have two females I sit for like that--they are from different families.

In general, females are more inherently protective of people and family and males are more protective of property.  Females can be easier and quicker to train.  I think in general there are a LOT of nervy GSDs out there.  They are so smart, always attentive and on alert that sometimes they are just too attentive for their own good and need a lot of socialization and bonding time to learn how to just relax.  Also if they aren't given the right outlets for mental and physical activity that will make them more restless.  The breed in general should be discerning and aloof of strangers (not aggressive or scared, but not immediately trusting and outgoing).  Also if you are dog sitting and the owners aren't there, I would not be surprised that they seem more nervy and out of sorts.  They form such strong bond, sometimes they are nervous or shut down without their people.

• Gold Top Dog

The white females family usually just goes away for the weekend.  And, I can tell you this, she usually won't go pee until the second day.  And, she's gone whole weekends without pooping because they are gone.  She's really attached to them and they feed her raw honey from a spoon every night so I do it too, it's cute.

• Gold Top Dog

willowchow
    the females seem timid and shy

Heidi is my 4th GSD, but my 1st female.  The opposite has been my experience.  All my males were very low key and happy to be couch potatoes (unless the need to protect arose).  Heidi is the epitome of extrovert.  Big Smile

Difference was my males were all AMbred.  Heidi comes from West German show lines.  Her sire and dam were both imports. 

My faves are black and red or black and tan.  I've just recently been smittened by bi-colored GSDs that are gorgeous...so adding that to my faves.

• Gold Top Dog

White