what is your favorite breed(s)- BY LOOKS ONLY! (jm)

• Gold Top Dog

ibizan hound

pharoah hound

weimeraner

pit bull

white german shepherds

• Gold Top Dog

By looks alone, it's the Irish Setter, hands down.

1- because of the fur color, oh my god, it's stunning and I want it on my head -- badly.  Stick out tongue

2- the long lean body and legs.  I want those too.  Big Smile

I mean come on!  Look at this:

That is absolutely breathtaking!!!

Maybe I'll be an Irish Setter in my next life!  LOL! 

• Gold Top Dog

German Shorthaired Pointers

Labs

Weims

Viszlas

Setters of all kinds (Irish, English, Gordon etc.)

Great Danes (with natural ears)

Newfies

Mastiff's

Taluses  (LOL)

Guess I have a thing for big hunting dogs and big in general- LOL!

• Gold Top Dog

Wolf/husky/other northern breed hybrid would probably be at the top of list as far as dog breeds.  (I've always considered the wolf my ideal canine as far as looks)

I like a lot of the breeds with natural canine look consisting of erect ears and nice tail such as

Northern breeds

German Shepherds

Belgian Malinois

and so on

On a slightly different tangent

I love the adorableness of the giant fluffy Papillon ears

the sleek look of Pharaoh Hounds

The ruffled look of the Berger Picard

And the intense stare and movement of border collies 

On a whole I just plain like a lot of different dog breeds. Stick out tongue 

• Gold Top Dog

Fun thread! :o)

1. Weimaraner
    2. JRT/PRT
    3. Dobermans
    4. Rhodesian Ridgebacks
    5. Dalmatians
    6. Maremmas
    7. Smooth coated collies
    8. Vizslas
    9. GSP
    10. Irish Wolfhounds (At shows I walk around gawking at them!  They are amazing!)

• Gold Top Dog

I like the looks of the big, lean, floppy-eared very short-coated breeds: great dane, doberman, pointers, weims, that sort of dog. Nothing more stunning than a natural-eared doberman or black great dane in very hard condition rippling with muscle under a gleaming coat...

• Silver

It is a fun thread! Big Smile

1. Great Danes- Especially Harles, Bostons, Blacks and merles.

2. Rottweilers (Yeah, I'm biased)

3. English Setters (Orange, Liver, Lemon Belton... Drool..)

4. Bull Terriers/ Am Staffs

5.  Flat Coated Retrievers

6. Pekingese (That face!)

7. Neopolitan Mastiffs

8. Cane Corso (Blue Brindle)

9. Mastiffs/Bull Mastiffs (Any color!)

10. Argentine Dogos

• Silver

I love big, rubus and full coated BIG dogs. Some smaller ones are cute too, though! I'm sucker for any "chocolate" dog! I hope to own one some day, not matter the breed!

- Newfoundland

- Doberman Pinscher

- Alaskan Malamute

- Dachshund (choc my are my fav! :D)

- French Bulldog

• Gold Top Dog

I'm really *not* at all into breeds.  My favorite kind of dog?  Purely and frankly it's the one I've got my hands on at the moment.  I probably like fluffy dogs more than smooth coated dogs.  But trust me -- I'll find the most petable part of any dog. 

No, I don't watch dogshows either.  4 feet, tail ... ears of any kind to scratch behind. 

I know it's not 'normal' but I really AM that way.  I have the hardest time understanding why people pick ONE breed.  I couldn't do it.  Each dog stands on its own merits with me.  c'mere and sit with me and let me look into your eyes -- THEN I'll tell you how gorgeous you are .... and I'll mean it.

• Gold Top Dog

First Last and Always the Rhodesian Ridgeback   strong , atleletic, elegant with expression to die for. The ridge is an added perk sort of an Outlaw thing ..

Bonita of Bwana

• Gold Top Dog
    German Spitz and Collies - both coats, although I do think the full show coat on the roughs gets to be a bit much. :P I do also really like GSDs, the Belgians, Papillons and Poms, a GOOD poodle....
    • Gold Top Dog

Almost all the breeds I like in looks I also like their temperament and personality and either have owned, own or would own although I'm sure that I'll never get a chance to have them all.

American Pit Bull Terrier - Slick, smooth, short coat that just shines and allows for their lean, fit muscules to show. The looks of an athletic, strong, courageous working dog. Yet a face that is usually filled with expression and even softness with wise eyes. I like the wide variety of coat, nose and eye colors and coat pattern. (Although brindle and tan point top my list) Of course there are different looks to them and I'm not attracted to all of them. Some carry a look of confidence and appear regale.
    Alano Espanol - Fairly similar to APBT
    Belgian Malinois - Looks of intelligence and alertness
    Boerboel - Powerful, mastiff like yet still athletic looking
    Beauceron - They've got an interesting look to them
    Canaan Dog - They just look so wild, alert and smart.
    Cane Corso - Similar to Boerboel, but more lean and agile looking, very noble look.
    Cani Pertiatzu - I love the brindle color that is very common and I think they have a nice rugged look
    Caucasian Ovtcharka - Love the big, plush, soft poofy hair and the bear type look. Confident, powerful, ancient, wise look all into one.
    Cental Asian Ovtcharka - Prefer the look of the medium length hair, it is just pretty and their ancient, alert and powerful look as well.
    Dutch Shepherd - Love brindle dogs and really like the intelligent, alert look.
    Kai Ken - Did I say I love brindle dogs? I also just like the look overall, just fun playful alert look, as even though they are my favorite I like the look of others like Jindo, Shikoku, Akita, Kishu, Hokkiado and Shiba too.
    Kangal - Very powerful and athletic looking. Alert look as well on most.
    Karst Shepherd - Similar reasons as CO and CAO, although I prefer the look of the CO more. I do like their smaller stature.
    Pharaoh Hound - Come on just a neat looking dog. They also blush like Pits.
    Patterdale Terrier - I love their ready for action look on such a small dog
    Perro Cinmarron - The brindle color is my favorite on them and I like their build overall, rugged, athletic and reminds me of a female APBT I have.
    Presa Canario - Similar look to the other molossers so similar reasons, although this is one that I will probably not ever have unless DH really pushes that he still wants one.
    Sarplaninac - Similar reasons as CO, CAO and KS
    Schipperke - While they might be small they have the similar look to the shepherds, alert and intelligent
    Staffordshire Bull Terrier - Similar reasons to the APBT, although many are a little short and wide for my taste, I prefer the ones that are more balanced yet still not to lanky to fit within the standard look.

• Gold Top Dog

Calinisima

MMM...

• Mastiff
    • Neopolitan Mastiff
    • Tibetan Mastiff
    • Newfoundland
    • Great Dane

Agreed! Minus the neo, though.

Heres what else I have to add:

• Silken Windhound
    • Caucasion Ovcharka
    • Cane Corso
    • Beauceron
    • Ibizan Hound
    • Bloodhound
    • Belgian Shepherd
    • Pomeranian
    • German Shepherd
    • Finnish Lapphund
    • English springer spaniel
    • Saint Bernard
    • Thai Ridgeback

And lots more. But by far, the Tibetan Mastiff is my absolute favourite, looks and temperament wise!

• Gold Top Dog

Okami

Calinisima

MMM...

• Mastiff
    • Neopolitan Mastiff
    • Tibetan Mastiff
    • Newfoundland
    • Great Dane

Agreed! Minus the neo, though.

Heres what else I have to add:

• Silken Windhound
    • Caucasion Ovcharka
    • Cane Corso
    • Ibizan Hound
    • Bloodhound
    • Belgian Shepherd
    • Pomeranian
    • German Shepherd
    • Finnish Lapphund
    • English springer spaniel
    • Saint Bernard
    • Thai Ridgeback

And lots more. o_o

Hmmm wonder how I could have guessed that.

• Gold Top Dog

Haha! Well I dunno, you'd have to be psychic! It's not like I've put a bunch of pictures of my favorite breeds in my signature..