Chi-A-Dach?? Is this one of those designer breeds?

• Gold Top Dog

Chi-A-Dach?? Is this one of those designer breeds?

This couple that lives down my sister's block has been selling Chihuahua Dachshund puppies I don't really see this as a breed just think its two people who thought lets just mate these dogs and sell them for $350 a piece and people have bought them as well. I don't get this aren't they just mutts?? I can't find anything online about Chi-A-Dach

Last time I was at the vets had Daisy and KittyKitty this couple were talking about Daisy and the husband said oh she's one of those miniature dogs I didn't say anything but I wanted to say no she's just a mutt lol Didn't pay for Daisy but seeing that miniature Dalmatian site hmm guess I could of had Daisy mated and made a bundle on her lmao (I think Daisy looks 100 times better then those miniature Dalmatians they sell for over $1000)

Ok just found others selling chi-a-dach's

• Gold Top Dog

I think it might be a mix that's becoming popular.  My daughter and I met one at PetSmart a while back and the owner said it was a ChiaWeenie (ChiXDach).  Good lord, miniature dalmations?!?!?!  As if the poor dalmations didn't have enough problems!  Lordy, this stuff just makes me nuts!  My only wish is that shelters/rescues would pick up on this and label their mixes these ridiculous but desired "breeds" and maybe it would help with placements.  Why pay $600 to a pet store when you can get one for $100 at the local pound?

Find brick wall, apply head.   

• Gold Top Dog

BCMixs
    My only wish is that shelters/rescues would pick up on this and label their mixes these ridiculous but desired "breeds" and maybe it would help with placements.

i dont know for sure but i think the shelters started the goofy names.... i found a book printed in the 70's all about mutts. it had the whole list of joke names for mutts, among other things.... and now i'm seeing those names from the joke list coming into existence....  

• Silver

Chi-a-dach is a designer mutt.  It is the intentional cross between a Dachshund and Chihuahua.  Two breeds on complete other ends of the spectrum put together for profit.  In my opinion it's a Dachshund cross, or a Chihuahua cross, or a mutt.  Not a recognized breed.