German Shepherd fanciers...

• Gold Top Dog

German Shepherd fanciers...

Any opinions or knowledge of this dog or lines?

[img]http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/pictures/470075.jpg[/img] 

V1 Victor vom Zellwaldrand

SCHH2 Kkl 1

SCHH3
     VA1 Zamp vom Thermodos
    SZ 2101021
    HD-SV: HD a-normal (a1)
    Sire
    Small picture of VA1 Zamp vom Thermodos

Groß, kräftig, sehr typvoll, hoher Widerrist, harmonische Oberlinie, sehr gute Kruppe in Länge und Lage, sehr gute Winkelungen der Vor- und Hinterhand, ausgeglichene Brustverhältnisse, korrekte Front. Gerade tretend zeigt er kraftvolle Gänge mit viel Raumgewinn. Sicheres Wesen, TSB ausgeprägt; läßt ab. VI. Besonders typvoller, sehr kraft- und gehaltvoller Zuchtrüde mit hervorragender Gebäudeharmonie und viel Ausstrahlung.

SCHH3
     VA2 Quantum von Arminius
    SZ 2055986
    HD-SV: HD a-fast normal (a2)
    Sire
    Small picture of VA2 Quantum von Arminius
    SchH3
     VA6 Dux della Valcuvia
    SZ 2052621
    Sire
    Small picture of VA6 Dux della Valcuvia
    SCHH1
     V Only vom Wutachtal
    SZ 2010235
    Dam
    SCHH2
     V (LGZS) Ute vom Thermodos
    SZ 2051039
    Dam
    Small picture of V (LGZS) Ute vom Thermodos
    SCHH3
     VA3 Esko vom Dänischen Hof
    SZ 1998887
    Sire

SCHH2
     V Jola vom Thermodos
    SZ 1962170
    Dam
    Small picture of V Jola vom Thermodos
    SCHH1
     V Melinda vom Niemberger Eck
    SZ 2130883
    Dam
    Small picture of V Melinda vom Niemberger Eck
    SCHH3
     2XSGR VA1 Larus von Batu
    SZ 2062960
    Sire
    Small picture of 2XSGR VA1 Larus von Batu
    SCHH3
     2X SGR VA1 Yasko vom Farbenspiel
    SZ 2010154
    Sire
    Small picture of 2X SGR VA1 Yasko vom Farbenspiel
    SchH1
     V Jitta von Batu
    SZ 1983812
    Dam
    Small picture of V Jitta von Batu
    SCHH2
     V Jade vom Niemberger Eck
    SZ 2030820
    HD-fast Normal
    Dam
    Small picture of V Jade vom Niemberger Eck
    SchH3/FH1
     V51 Zoltan vom Haus Geltinger
    SZ 1938759
    HD-normal
    Sire
    Small picture of V51 Zoltan vom Haus Geltinger
    SCHH1
     V Quencie vom Niemberger Eck
    SZ 1832605
    HD-normal
    Dam

• Gold Top Dog

Well, Dux is Kords Grandsire on his dam's side Big Smile

• Gold Top Dog

I don't know anything about GSD lines.......but oh my gosh, that dog is STUNNING.

• Gold Top Dog

Oops, that pedigree table got a little wonky.  I like this dog's head and pigment (rich saddle, no fading or bitch stripe), but I'm not a conformation expert, nor do I know much about west German high lines (apart from knowing who is who and the reputations of the kennels). 

• Gold Top Dog

I was going to say his head is not all that appealing to me. It has a bit of a Mastiff quality about it..heavy...almost too heavy for the rest of him...the dewlap beneath and almost the suggestion of "flews" around the lips. I know nothing of the standard but that is what first came to mind looking at his head...it is masculine...but perhaps too much head?

• Gold Top Dog

rwbeagles

I was going to say his head is not all that appealing to me. It has a bit of a Mastiff quality about it..heavy...almost too heavy for the rest of him...the dewlap beneath and almost the suggestion of "flews" around the lips. I know nothing of the standard but that is what first came to mind looking at his head...it is masculine...but perhaps too much head?

I think they call it a "block" head?  (shorter muzzle, "bear" like head) .....  the bitch is quite feminine looking, and by contrast has a head that is more fine, longer muzzle.  I LOVE block heads though!  Everything about Kenya's conformation is almost the opposite of what I like, lol (block head, heavy bone, rich pigment either black and red or black sable, doggy features...)

• Gold Top Dog

This dog's head to me...is a touch coarse...I don't really see as much nobility or dignity as I'd prefer in a breed like the GSD.

It also loses some of the "alert" vibe a more refined head might give...this dog is more phlegmatic in appearance...again JMO.

• Gold Top Dog

Like the eye doctor...."better, or worse?"

VA1 (A) Naxos Holtkämper See

SCHH3 Kkl 1

5 - 5,5........................................... in VA1 Jeck vom Noricum

(same sire pedigree as the first dog)

I like this one's conformation a tad better I think.

Anyway, the breeder is on her way to Germany, not sure which one it will be (or either).  I only know these dogs in pedigree and pics, the breeder has seen them show and work which is more important that the picture. 

• Gold Top Dog

You know wayyy more about GSDs than i do, but i like the looks of the 2nd better. These dogs are...west german? I don't really know much about what they look like, but i don't like as much roach in the back as the first one. He does have nice pigment, and i like his head. I think it's east german that are my favorite looks-wise. 

• Gold Top Dog
    I'm not a big GSD person either, but I much prefer the second dog. I really don't like the really roached looks of some GSDs. To me it's just as bad as some of the over angulated show line dogs. So basically I agree with Ridgeback. :) I also like the head on the second dog better too.
    • Gold Top Dog

The head is very unattractive , in my opinion.......I agree with what Gina has to say.......I am all for rich colors a good sadle, but I prefer a good shaped, refined and longer muzzle........it certainly looks more alert.....

• Gold Top Dog

RidgebackGermansShep

You know wayyy more about GSDs than i do, but i like the looks of the 2nd better. These dogs are...west german? I don't really know much about what they look like, but i don't like as much roach in the back as the first one. He does have nice pigment, and i like his head. I think it's east german that are my favorite looks-wise. 

Yes, the two males are west German show, the female will be west German "herding" which will most closely resemble west German show (a Kirschental bitch, kinda fits into it's own category).  I also love the east German dogs, they often have big blocky heads like dog #1, kind of what they are known for, but I've decided against a working line dog for now.

Here is #3, I think this is my favorite as far as the total package.  A sable show line, not very common at all.

• Gold Top Dog

The 2nd dog is an improvement on the 1st. I don't get a "cricket chirp" from his expression, like with the first dog.

• Gold Top Dog

This dog has better balance...best of all 3 IMO. He has quite a lot of coat.

ETA: Now I can put my finger on what was bothering me about the head on #1..it doesn't match the bone. It almost looks like a photoshop of one larger picture onto a smaller body...the parts do not fit. This 3rd dog has a good match of head size to bone...overall balance.

• Gold Top Dog

rwbeagles

This dog has better balance...best of all 3 IMO. He has quite a lot of coat.

ETA: Now I can put my finger on what was bothering me about the head on #1..it doesn't match the bone. It almost looks like a photoshop of one larger picture onto a smaller body...the parts do not fit. This 3rd dog has a good match of head size to bone...overall balance.

Yeah....yeah you're right.  His front looks funny, and his croup or whatever it's called dips a little too low for my taste (I wouldn't really call that too much roach, the way I understand a "roach" is when the top line actually goes up past the withers).  Who knows though, I've never seen the dog in person and a dog can look totally different depending on who stacks it.  Especially with GSDs b/c of how they are stacked.

If dog #3 throws coats, the nice thing is they can now be shown in the SV!  (so all you beautiful TeMar coats, get out there!).  I don't know how coats work as far as genetics, but the bitches have much shorter, tighter coats (more like Kenya's).