Mini Border Collies? Is there such a thing?

• Gold Top Dog

I see Schipperke somewhere in his lineage especially in his face/expression.  Had one growing up. Seeing how they have sheepdog in their heritage the herding would not surprise me - ours did that.  He was a pistol and VERY observant.  Maybe a Schipperke/Sheltie cross(?)

• Gold Top Dog

No such thing as a 'mini BC'....but Border's can be rather small, my old BC was 18in' and 20 lbs BEFORE she got pregnant....LOL, she only kept about a pound of the weight after. I've even seen BC's smaller then her. I'd say that he's a SheltieX.....I couldn't say with what though.

• Gold Top Dog
    rredbird

I see Schipperke somewhere in his lineage especially in his face/expression.  Had one growing up. Seeing how they have sheepdog in their heritage the herding would not surprise me - ours did that.  He was a pistol and VERY observant.  Maybe a Schipperke/Sheltie cross(?)

You know I can see some Schipperke in the face, too. Glad im not the only person who notices that.
    • Gold Top Dog

I could see schipp, but Poms are so much more common, and the bigger spitzy type poms have a VERY similar head to a schipperke.

• Puppy
    your dog looks almost exactly like mine, who is a miniature eskimo/border collie X. If i can figure out how to post a pic, i will. you will be shocked at how much they look the same. In fact, I showed this pic to my bf who thought it was Arlo he was looking at!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Does it have a tail?
    • Puppy
    He sure does. it's a long tail, like an eskimo tail and fluffy. his picture is in my profile. I'm new to this forum so hope i uploaded it correctly.
    • Gold Top Dog

Here is one of the small BCs in our agility class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj42lGecydo

• Gold Top Dog

I think I "know" her! She's on the BC Boards, I think?

• Gold Top Dog
    Yes Brook! I didn't she was on there! Stella/cressa is in our agility class
    • Puppy

This is crazy b/c this dog looks almost identical to my dog Bentley. I found this since I've been trying to figure out whether Bentley is a border collie mix or not. He was found on the side of the road, and we adopted him from a shelter.

mail.google.com/.../0