Golden or Lab kennel recommendations....

• Gold Top Dog

I second Summit Goldens :-)  I've met tons and tons of Beth's dogs (I am madly in love with Hobo Bobo, and I'm not a Golden person...she also had a red male named Arson that I adored).

Great lady, great breeder, great handler.  The only thing you must have with Beth is patience.  Because she is a pro handler, she is almost always on the road.  She WILL get back to you, but it can take some time depending on where she is.  

• Gold Top Dog

I would recommend http://gideongoldens.com/ She is pretty local to me, one of my 4H kids has two of her dogs (both very nice one is shown in AKC Juniors and 4H OB/Agility, the other in breed and in training for competition obedience, agility and flyball) and I have really never heard any thing bad about her. Her dogs have great temperaments from what I have seen at shows, very trainable and she is really good at matching puppies to people.

• Puppy

I got my Labrador from Endless Mountain Labradors here in PA. They breed English Labradors, much calmer than a field lab. They have both pet & show litters available throughout the year. Check out their web site www.emlabradors.com it is full of information and photos.

She breeds the best dogs I've ever been around...extremely smart, calm, GREAT temperament...I personally know a few labs from this breeder and they are the same!! You willl not be disappointed!

• Gold Top Dog

I'm not sure where your friend is located, but I know of a breeder here in MA.  She used to be one of my canine 4H instructors and I know she does everything with her dogs...she's got dogs titled in agility, fieldwork, and most are show champions.  They're bench lab in appearance (some of them are thicker than I like in a lab, but to each his own).  I've spent a lot of time with her labs and they are wonderful dogs, and not overly energetic.  Perfect pets.  They also introduced me to the Sussex Spaniel (a breed I've got a soft spot for as a result) and I believe her Sussex, Charlie Brown, was the first Sussex ever to win an agility title.  That dog was lay-ZEE I have no idea how she got him to title!  He is SO flippin cute though.  :P

Anyway, the kennel is Erinhill Labs:
     http://www.erinhill-labs.com/

• Puppy

The breeder were I got Cash is Endless Mountain Labradors and they are located in Gillett, PA. "Erinhill's Guiness Stout" (aka Keg) is an off spring of a "Endless Mountain's Claudia". So they must do some breeding together. Endless Mt Labs are English in build: yes thicker & not as tall as the field lab! However my lab is a little taller than her norm, he is actually huge (his parents are big and we knew he'd be bigger)!! Cash is the greatest pet EVER...he is soooo laid-back & very smart! Most people cannot believe how calm he is and he is only 1 '1/2 yrs old. He is really the best of both worlds: loves being outdoors enjoying all things labs love but also is great inside as well!   

They have a great web-site. Packed full of information & pictures. Check it out: www.emlabradors.com