rwbeagles-Is your dog's temperament, typical...

• Gold Top Dog

Temperament
    True Labrador Retriever temperament is as much a hallmark of the breed as the "otter" tail. The ideal disposition is one of a kindly, outgoing, tractable nature; eager to please and non-aggressive towards man or animal. The Labrador has much that appeals to people; his gentle ways, intelligence and adaptability make him an ideal dog. Aggressiveness towards humans or other animals, or any evidence of shyness in an adult should be severely penalized.

That describes Caleb to a "T".  He hasn't met a person or critter yet that he'd consider a stranger.  And, from the day we brought him home, when I ask him to do something he does it enthusiasm, then looks at me like he's asking what he can do next.

• Gold Top Dog

From the AKC website: 

" The American Staffordshire Terrier should give the impression of great strength for his size, a well put-together dog, muscular, but agile and graceful, keenly alive to his surroundings. He should be stocky, not long-legged or racy in outline. His courage is proverbial. "

This fits Gypsy to a "t".  She is a true social butterfly and can work a crowd as well as a seasoned politician. She can shake paws and lick babies at the same time! LOL

As for her courage, yep, it's there.  She will guard her house and her pack without a second thought.  However, once she's told a particular person is fine, she is sooo friendly it's down right embarrassing! She is a very good judge of character.  There are a few people she doesn't like and I respect her judgment about them.

• Gold Top Dog

In most ways, Zoe is ALL doxie - clever, curious, active, mischievous, stubborn, willfull, clownish, brave, affectionate, suspicious of strangers, and manipulative.  Although, they always say doxies are independent and mine is anything but independent, she is stuck to me like glue, and if I'm not around, she'll be stuck to anyone who is.  She will never just sit in a room by herself, she has to be with people.  Also, they say doxies are hard to train, but in my experience they are very easy to train if the proper methods are used (food!). 

• Gold Top Dog

AKC-

The breed has a distinct personality marked by direct and fearless, but not hostile, expression, self-confidence and a certain aloofness that does not lend itself to immediate and indiscriminate friendships. The dog must be approachable, quietly standing its ground and showing confidence and willingness to meet overtures without itself making them. It is poised, but when the occasion demands, eager and alert; both fit and willing to serve in its capacity as companion, watchdog, blind leader, herding dog, or guardian, whichever the circumstances may demand. The dog must not be timid, shrinking behind its master or handler; it should not be nervous, looking about or upward with anxious expression or showing nervous reactions, such as tucking of tail, to strange sounds or sights. Lack of confidence under any surroundings is not typical of good character. Any of the above deficiencies in character which indicate shyness must be penalized as very serious faults and any dog exhibiting pronounced indications of these must be excused from the ring. It must be possible for the judge to observe the teeth and to determine that both testicles are descended. Any dog that attempts to bite the judge must be disqualified. The ideal dog is a working animal with an incorruptible character combined with body and gait suitable for the arduous work that constitutes its primary purpose.

^ that's kaiser. he matches that pretty good. He's a pretty confident guy, very friendly. However, i did see him take off onetime because a BUTTERFLY spooked him. He's also very playful and seems protective at night. When i think GSD i think LOYAL, intelligent, awesome working dog, active, brave, and protective. Kaiser's on the high active end, but i like that.

Temperament
    Dignified and even tempered. Reserved with strangers.

^ Wyatt. not really reserved with strangers. well, on walks he is, but anytime someone comes in to my home it's kissy time. dignified is a great term for him. I've seen different personalities with RRs. I've had 2 females and both were very aloof but obsessed with me. My males have been more goofy and playful. and wyatt is literally the most cuddly, affectionate dog i've ever met!!

• Gold Top Dog

From the AKC website:

Temperament
    Alert, with terrier-like qualities.

Yup, the chizillas fit this to a T! 

• Gold Top Dog

I found this one, and i like it better.

Temperament
    Among the most intelligent of breeds, the German shepherd dog is so intent on its mission — whatever that may be — that it is virtually unsurpassed in working versatility. It is utterly devoted and faithful. Aloof and suspicious toward strangers, it is protective of its home and family. It can be domineering. It can be aggressive toward other dogs, but it is usually good with other pets.