What is typically the most muscular(ripped) of all the dog breeds?

• Bronze

What is typically the most muscular(ripped) of all the dog breeds?

Anyone have any opinions? I was looking around and came across this really neat looking dog called a English Bull Terrier, and man are those ripped, anything moreso than those?

• Gold Top Dog

Depends as much on activity and exercise as it does breed.  The other issue, coat often covers muscle definition.  Working dogs, regardless of the venue, typically have well developed muscles.

• Gold Top Dog

Really, any non-wrinkly-skinned dog can develop impressive musculature with appropriate training and diet, just like a human ;)

My dog is a hound mix but let me tell you , she is solid, solid muscle. The vets have a hard time finding places to give subcutaneous injections haha.

• Gold Top Dog

some types of American Bulldogs are ripped.... but there are more flabby/fat bullies than ripped ones.. which is sad.  my bullies all have muscle tone, but friends and neighbours have the chunky monkey Am Bulls.

Dobies also have a good physique.... again like has already been mentioned... activity helps a LOT!  

• Bronze

I have American Pit Bull Terriers and a Rottweiler. All of them are very well built. Like a previous poster stated, alot of the bullies are just fat, makes me sad.  They have to be exercised to get "ripped"... Hopefully this works,,here are some pic of a few of my dogs.

Female Gottiline - 2 1/2 yrs

Male Brooks bloodline - 2 1/2 yrs

Female Razors Edge - 2 yrs

Male Rottweiler - 2 1/2 yrs  (ok,,I know u can't see it, but the muscles are there..I just liked the pic)

• Gold Top Dog

Some of the very conditioned showing pit bulls are the most muscular dogs I've seen, but that's mainly just conditioning. 

http://dl.dogomania.com/pics/10/lukane02.jpg

But I think we're all forgetting this whippet:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/troy_doney/812158234/

;)

• Gold Top Dog

I have two pit bulls and they are solid muscle!  They run around and play a lot! 

• Bronze

Lol thanks all, Wendy fails lol, that dog can't be healthy XD

http://www.faracipitbull.com/images/americanpitbullterrier1.jpg  The most muscular I have seen(best looking, lol Wendy) is the American Put Bull Terrier, so far anyway.

• Gold Top Dog

oi! Wendy ISNT healthy!! in one of those articles some moron posted a comment asking if the owner would breed the dog, and how great it would be to have bully whippets!!! nnnnnoooooooooooooooo!!!!!

• Puppy

Laurelin_429

Some of the very conditioned showing pit bulls are the most muscular dogs I've seen, but that's mainly just conditioning. 

http://dl.dogomania.com/pics/10/lukane02.jpg

Wow, beautiful!  That's a dog. 

• Bronze

Lol Wendy probably isn't even that strong anyway, your brain(neurological part)  regulates the ammount of strength your allowed to use to reduce tension on your bones (if your muscles ever were pushed to their full potential you would be liquified by the force) So alot of strength has to do with bone and tendon/ligament strength, moreso than the actual muscles anyway. So technically everyone is strong enough to bend steel, crush skulls, and rip arms off but your Neurological system won't let you do that so you don't break.

• Gold Top Dog

Hey, no one said Bull Mastiffs.  They are solid Muscle A mix between English bulldog and Mastiff and don't let the Mastiff fool ya they are hard!!! They are breed for speed and agility and size.  They were orig. used to catch and hold poachers. They don't maul they are just strong enough to hold the guy down hee hee heee. If you ever see a healthly one in its prime you WILL be impressedBig Smile

• Gold Top Dog

XionComrade

Lol Wendy probably isn't even that strong anyway, your brain(neurological part)  regulates the ammount of strength your allowed to use to reduce tension on your bones (if your muscles ever were pushed to their full potential you would be liquified by the force) So alot of strength has to do with bone and tendon/ligament strength, moreso than the actual muscles anyway. So technically everyone is strong enough to bend steel, crush skulls, and rip arms off but your Neurological system won't let you do that so you don't break.

my thoughts exactly. mind over matter so to speak. thats why guys that are hyped up on "super drugs" are the hardest for cops to take down, or people that dont have all their mental faculties are rather dangerous when agitated... my grand mother is a slip of a woman, looks like a good stiff breeze could knock her over, but if you make her mad she'll break your wrist, climb the fence and run away!!

and i would LOVE to see a working conditioned Bull Mastiff. the ones i see are usually couch potatoes .. over weight, lazy, unhealthy fuzzy slugs.. much like American Bulldogs i see in the city. to find any working conditioned dogs (of any breed) you have to search high and low! i have only seen ONE working Bull Mastiff and he was a personal protection dog for a security agency.  

• Bronze
    Here's a poor whippet with a genetic dissorder that causes her to have two sets of every muscle group. They say she's a sweetheart though.
    • Silver

I like the look of a field conditioned Rhodesian Ridgeback.  I would never own one cause I've seen some that take 2 and 3 people to bring to the line but dang they look (and are) powerful.