cattle dog and ? Jack russel maybe?

• Gold Top Dog

cattle dog and ? Jack russel maybe?

Cattle dog /Jack Russel mix has been our guess. I  posted some pictures a few months back, when he was still a young pup and he looked like he may have been a pure cattle dog....doesn't look like that's what he grew into though, not to me anyway. He is only about 25 pounds and has very long skinny legs. He is active, active and then active some more. He loves to play catch and will go on forever and then he will still be ready to play chase with the other dogs. When he is in his crate, he has a very shrill little bark when he wants attention ...a very, very annoying sound ...kind of like when someone scratches their nails across a blackboard. He is a real cutey though. I think I may have mentioned before that he is one of those failed fosters. He's become dog number 4.

• Gold Top Dog
    Well, I'd say Cattle Dog mix, but not Jack Russel. I can't say what the other breed is though. Here's some Cattle dogs.

Shiva

• Bronze
    I could see JRT with that little muzzle of his.  Cute mix whatever he is!  I can see he's on the look out for what's next though too.  Not one relaxing pic!  Have fun :D
    • Gold Top Dog
    Good a guess as any, especially since ACDs and jacks are fairly common around horse folk.  There was one blue at the farm where I take herding lessons that was even tinier. 
    • Gold Top Dog
    ORIGINAL: mrv

Good a guess as any, especially since ACDs and jacks are fairly common around horse folk. 

That's exactly what I've said. My agility instructor has said the same thing. She has cattle dogs, by the way. A woman whom I've met at agility trials has the smaller cattle dogs, but they are stalkier and built much different than Corey...typical cattle dog build.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Here's a cattle dog cross jack russel at a shelter over here:

Too short in the legs, I think.

I'd say BC, but I think the colour is probably wrong for that. If it was over here, I'd say Kelpie cross, but that seems unlikely over there. I'm entertaining the idea of a sight hound of some sort....