LHASA APSOS RULE OK!

• Puppy

LHASA APSOS RULE OK!

I was quite suprised by the Lhasa Apso breed description. I dont agree at all that they are not suitable for children, they are a playful and loving breed who are just the right size for children. my 2year old neice adores my Lhasa and she is fantastic with all children (as well as adults,cats,other dogs etc) she is not unique in this trait, as a veterinary nurse i have met hundreds of different breeds and on the whole Lhasas are nearly always friendly little chaps! they can be divas but only when owned by the wrong people (thats the ones who treat them like babies/toys/designer items!) but that is the same for any breed! unless our british Lhasa Apsos are different of course? apart from being classed as a utility breed by our kennel club (ie used to have a working role which is now redundant) im fairly sure there isnt any difference. unless any one knows any different? id be interested to know. any families out there please dont be put off having a Lhasa, they make wonderful family members and are loyal, loving pets. as with any breed just train them well and dont spoil them too much, you need to be the boss or those cheeky Lhasas will take advantage![:D]
    • Silver
    I absolutely adored lhasas the first time I saw them at a dog show.  I talked to a few people who had them, read a bit about them and thought that this would be a great breed for me when I get too old to handle a big dog!  I'm a big dog person, I thought my bearded collie was a bit small, but what I like about lhasas (besides the gorgeous coats!) is their "big dog" personality! 

I think they're one of the breeds in danger of being ruined by those people who insist on treating and talking to their dogs as if they were babies.