Now, for my other "Aussie mix" all grown up

• Gold Top Dog

Now, for my other "Aussie mix" all grown up

Now here's my other so-called "Aussie mix", that I don't think has any Aussie at all!  He looks mostly or all Border Collie to me, but he's really big so maybe he's got something else in him.  Although I have seen older working lines of BC's that look like him.  He's got an interesting coat color, he's merled AND ticked.

He has really loooonnnng legs and is a tall boy, he can put his chin on our kitchen table by only raising his head a little bit.  Other than that, he LOVES to play catch with his toys and a frisbee, but then again, so does my other girl in the other post.  But he's much more obsessed with it than she is.  As soon as I talk to him, he gets his ball and drops it in my lap, then STARES at it until I throw it.  He can catch ANYTHING I throw to him, sideways, behind him, up in the air!  I think he'd make a great flyball dog if he were only a little faster of a runner!

First one:

• Gold Top Dog
    Next.....

• Gold Top Dog
    Next...

• Gold Top Dog
    He's hard to photograph, my other one is much more photogenic!

• Gold Top Dog
    Wow, he does have some long legs! I do see a tiny bit of aussie in that face but mostly BC. Those legs look wolfhoundish!
    • Gold Top Dog
    It's funny you said "wolfhoundish", because that's exactly what his legs/body reminds me of!  I was going to put that in my post, but I left it out just to see if anyone saw it without me suggesting it!
    • Gold Top Dog
    One of those side pics looks almost like a borzoi. I know that is highly unlikely, but maybe a mix of border collie and some type of sighthound.
    • Gold Top Dog
    He does look more Border Collie. The one picture that he's looking at the camara while he's walking does make him look kina lilke a Borzoi or Wolfhound, it's the body shape. You don't know what his parents were right? So it's possible one of them was a pure Border and the other was a Border something else and Borzoi or Wolfhound mix. But he lookes mostly Border to me.

Shiva
    • Gold Top Dog
    ORIGINAL: Jewlieee

Wow, he does have some long legs! I do see a tiny bit of aussie in that face but mostly BC. Those legs look wolfhoundish!

My thought exactly.  Something about the way he's moving in the second post reminds me of an Irish Wolfhound.
    • Gold Top Dog
    The rescue had NO idea, they just called him an Aussie mix.  I swear, every blue merle dog these places get in are labeled Aussie mixes!  I agree, I'm thinking some kind of sight hound is mixed in there.  Every time I see him walk with those long legs that's what I think!

I measured him last night, he's 26" at the shoulder!
    • Bronze
    Looks like to me he has aussie in him .
    • Gold Top Dog
    There could also be some collie in there- that high tuckup and overall outline aren't out of place for a collie mix- I can't tell from the photos, but how is his chest/shoulders built? A lot of collies can be kinda narrow, like the sighthounds.

Regardless, he's cute!
    • Gold Top Dog
    He is VERY narrow in the chest.  His front paws turn outwards, too, and I kept hoping they would straighten out once his chest widened, but since the chest is staying so narrow, I don't think his legs with straighten out!
    • Gold Top Dog
    That pic of him walking on the driveway made me think, imeediately, of a wolf or deer hound.  The shaggy fur, the shape of the tale and the legs all remind me of one.
    Irish Wolfhound

Scottish Deerhound
    [linkhttp://www.deerhound.org/Album_Photos/Adults/slides/dog6.html][/link]