Ooooh...guess the breed!

• Gold Top Dog

Ooooh...guess the breed!

We were told he's an Australian Shepherd mix, but we get a lot of people asking us if he's Brittany. He's six months, 22lbs. Any thoughts??

• Gold Top Dog
    No guesses but he is a doll baby!!
    • Gold Top Dog
    I can see why people are suggesting Brittany. He's adorable!
    • Gold Top Dog
    i love those huge puppy dog eyes!!
    i think either a mix of brit. OR auss/shep.
    • Gold Top Dog
    I think he's definitely got some kind of spaniel in there- quite possibly brittany.  Something about that last picture really reminds me of a retriever too...
    • Gold Top Dog
    • Gold Top Dog
    Has to be one more thing in there, or not one of the above (Brittany/Aussie). This dog is ee yellow, and neither Aussies nor Brittanys come in that color commonly. That's not bb liver, which is the red color of a Brittany and a red Aussie. The nose leather is black, sure tipoff. It would be pink/brown in a Brittany or Aussie.

Beagles, Jack Russells, King Charles Spaniel, and many other dogs could have contributed that color. It expresses over black and liver both.
    • Gold Top Dog
    ORIGINAL: Laurelin_429
    I think he's definitely got some kind of spaniel in there- quite possibly brittany.  Something about that last picture really reminds me of a retriever too...

For me it's the expression of his eyes in the middle picture that reminds me of a retriever.  Looking at his coloring, I'm wondering if he has some English Setter in him?  Maybe ES/Brittany?
    • Gold Top Dog
    King Charles might be a better guess, then.  We had a purebred King Charles boarding a few weeks ago, and he was such a cutie.  I can definitely see some resemblences.  Maybe that and Aussie?
    • Gold Top Dog
    ORIGINAL: brookcove

Has to be one more thing in there, or not one of the above (Brittany/Aussie). This dog is ee yellow, and neither Aussies nor Brittanys come in that color commonly. That's not bb liver, which is the red color of a Brittany and a red Aussie. The nose leather is black, sure tipoff. It would be pink/brown in a Brittany or Aussie.

Actually, Aussies do come in yellow, it's more of a gold yellow, but it is yellow. So he could be part Aussie. The yellow is a non standard color. Here are some pics. This is where I got the pictures: [linkhttp://www.ashgi.org/color/index.htm]http://www.ashgi.org/color/index.htm[/link] under non standard colors at the bottom.

• Gold Top Dog
    And some more.

• Puppy
    I dont know why but he reminded me of a Saluki?  Maybe it's the ears and the longer face.
    • Gold Top Dog
    [color=#660033]Hmmm, at first glance he looks VERY much like a Brittany. I think it's fair to say that he's mixed sporting dog(s) and possibly herding dog(s). I do think Brittany is in there and I could see maybe Welsh Springer, English Setter or Australian Shepherd being part of the mix also.[/color]
    • Gold Top Dog
    We've been thinking lately he has some beagle in him. We also get a lot of people asking us if he's part golden. He's really high energy and social too -- he definitely keeps our hands full! Whatever he is, he's definitely a cutie.