Maggie (Can you help??)

• Gold Top Dog

Maggie (Can you help??)

OK maggie is SUPPOSSED to be a toy fox terrier but she doesnt look like one
    here is a picture of maggie,

[/img]

we measured her and she is about 14 inches tall so i call her a mini fox terrier or a regular fox terrier.
    what do you think?
    • Gold Top Dog
    She looks like she's got alot of fox terrier in there![:)]
    • Gold Top Dog
    To me her face looks like a Rat Terrier's. May Rat Terrier/Fox Terrier mix?
    • Gold Top Dog
    She looks like a rat terrier to me, too.  My co-worker has two, and one of them looks a LOT like your Maggie. 

• Silver
    I think she looks a little "thick" for a rat terrier.  We had a regular rat terrier when I was growing up and a friend of mine has a toy rat terrier.  They were both really thin in body and face.  That was the first thing I noticed when I just glanced at the pics.  Her ribs and face are much wider than I remember the rat terriers being.  If it wasn't for that she definitely looks like one so I'd say rat terrier mix.  Plus my friends toy rat terrier is only like 8" tall.  She's absolutely tiny.
    • Gold Top Dog
    I know she does not have rat terrier in her! the breeder said she is a toy fox terrier but I think she is to tall, so is there any way she is like a mini fox terrier? or any other type of dog?
    • Gold Top Dog
    She may just be taller than acceptable for the standard.  I've found that a "regular" fox terrier should not exceed 15 1/2 inches at the withers, so maybe yours is just a fox terrier...lol!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Fox Terriers and Toy Fox Terriers aren't the same breed in different sizes- it's not like mini, standard, and toy poodles.

A toy fox terrier that goes oversize is still a Toy Fox Terrier, just a larger one. 14" isn't out of the range of possibility- I've seen a number of them that reach that size, especially from less than reputable breeders. I think your dog is just not a show-quality TFT- but could be an RT or RT mix.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Lol, I didn't know they were completely different breeds....  Fox terriers and toy fox terriers aren't too popular around here, so I don't know much about them (and I'm not much of a terrier person, either...lol!)
    • Silver
    Dear Maggie,

Hi Maggie & everyone.. I'm sorry Maggie, I don't know much about terriers, If you don't need her, can I take it?! [:D]

Thank you.. I'm sorry for beeing useless friend [:(]

Here is Rex's photo (2 year old male pure-breed Rottweiler) isn't his doughter "Jena" cute???

• Silver
    Guys look, Maggie you know my Rex, right?! well... he has a doughter!!! Yay I'm soo happy, it's the 1st time [;)] She is a pure breed German/Russian Rottweiler she is 2 months old and her name is Jena... for guys who don't know Rex, visit:

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/584294

at my 1st reply to Maggie in this post you can see my Rex himself... =) Yay my 1st puppy, yay! [:)]

• Gold Top Dog
    i cant tell a difference between rat terriers and toy fox terriers ....

guess which one is which lol
    and besides.. its terrier.. working dog and its bound to have some inconsistency pop up every now and then like most working breeds. did she sell you a pet quality dog, or did you buy a show quality? a good breeder should know the difference and ..well.. it makes ALL the difference.
    • Gold Top Dog
    I know fox terriers have big rib cage areas so I am geussing the second pic ios the ft or tft??
    • Silver
    Maggie, don't worry.. your dog is perfect!