Catahoula safety with small dogs

• Silver

Catahoula safety with small dogs

If anyone has info regarding Catahoula safety with small/toy dogs, it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    • Silver
    Hi, just checking in, hopefully someone will see my question [:)]
    • Gold Top Dog
    With any breed - it depends on the individual dog and their personality and socialization. I've had no problem with Lucy, out Cathoula mix, with smaller dogs. She played with my brother's Brittany spaniel puppy for two hours straight this Christmas without a problem. She does chase cats, but hasn't hurt any. The Catahoula message board I frequent does bring up dog agression occasionally, but it's quite isolated.
    • Silver
    That you so much! That's so helpful and I really appreciate your feedback.
    • Silver
    Would you mind telling me what message board you go to.  I'm looking at adopting a catahoula pup so any info would help.  Not sure if there isn't anything I haven't read, but alway willing to read some more.

Thanks,
    Jill
    • Gold Top Dog
    I have had no problems with my Catahoula (he is a mix though) and small dogs.  He seems to have something against larger fluffy dogs like Chows...no clue why but I wish he would get over it already!  Do a google search on the breed and you should be able to find some good sites for guidance as well.

Catahoulas are really great dogs!