"German Shepherd" Mixes...

• Gold Top Dog

"German Shepherd" Mixes...

I was bored at work, searching PetFinder.  Some of these are just plain funny!

"Rottweiler x GSD"

"German Shepherd, Shepherd"

"Husky x GSD:

"German Shepherd"

"German Shepherd x Australian Shepherd"

"German Shepherd x Beagle"

"German Shepherd"

Wow, I love how any dog with *** ears and/or black and tan markings  = GSD.

• Gold Top Dog
    These are funny - thanks for sharing. My favorite is the brindle one. Was the intake person drunk?
    • Gold Top Dog
    My favorite is the brindle one.

There was another brindled one too and IMO it looked like a Dutch Shepherd, but they called it a GSD/Greyhound.
    • Gold Top Dog
    A lot of people are stupid like that, my stupid neighbor thinks my Husky/Mal. mix ( the white one) is a German Shepherd......Ronin's tail is curled over his back........[8|]
    • Gold Top Dog
    just shows to go ya......
    even people who work hip deep in dogs dont know dogs.....

you know.... i wonder if one day they will stop listing breed and mix on the pound puppy paperwork...
    why dont they just put "Dog" ?

my cousin adopted some baby rats and their paper work said "Rat mix" ...what?!!? mixed with ...!?  ....beaver? giraffe? might as well be..... 
    • Gold Top Dog
    • Gold Top Dog
    ...Wow, I love how any dog with prick ears and/or black and tan markings  = GSD.

Or if it's black, it's a Lab mix, has a black spot on it's tongue it's a Chow mix, or has ticking it's a Dalmatian mix (because they can't tell the difference between spots and ticking).  Honestly, tho, I think they intentionally "mis-label" a lot of dogs as popular breed mixes just so they have a better chance of getting adopted.

A lot of people are stupid like that, my stupid neighbor thinks my Husky/Mal. mix ( the white one) is a German Shepherd......Ronin's tail is curled over his back........[8|]

Ahh, but I've seen purebred GSDs with a curled tail. [:)]
    • Gold Top Dog
    GSD tail standard:

Tail bushy, with the last vertebra extended at least to the hock joint. It is set smoothly into the croup and low rather than high. At rest, the tail hangs in a slight curve like a saber. A slight hook- sometimes carried to one side-is faulty only to the extent that it mars general appearance. When the dog is excited or in motion, the curve is accentuated and the tail raised, but it should never be curled forward beyond a vertical line. Tails too short, or with clumpy ends due to ankylosis, are serious faults. A dog with a docked tail must be disqualified.
    • Gold Top Dog
    ORIGINAL: Liesje

GSD tail standard:

Tail bushy, with the last vertebra extended at least to the hock joint. It is set smoothly into the croup and low rather than high. At rest, the tail hangs in a slight curve like a saber. A slight hook- sometimes carried to one side-is faulty only to the extent that it mars general appearance. When the dog is excited or in motion, the curve is accentuated and the tail raised, but it should never be curled forward beyond a vertical line. Tails too short, or with clumpy ends due to ankylosis, are serious faults. A dog with a docked tail must be disqualified.

Didn't say they were to breed standard, only that I've seen GSDs with curled tails.  [:)]  I've also seen a purebred chocolate Lab that had tan points like a Rottweiler.  Definite disqualification in the breed ring, but purebred none the less.  [;)]