What Breed is this???

• Silver

What Breed is this???

Does anyone know which breed this dog is?????

• Gold Top Dog
    They look like Irish Wolf hounds...the one in the back is lacking beard/whiskers but it could just be shaved off or sparse. I shaved the beard off our Terrier mix once and she looked like a totally different dog...it was very weird!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Irish Wolfhounds?  or is this a trick question? 

ETA:  Actually Gina, the one in the back looks more like the wolfhounds I've known...
    • Gold Top Dog
    They look like Ires to me.  I think that one following may be young?  When I had a wolfhound puppy come through puppy class, he went through this weird stage of not having so much facial hair
    • Gold Top Dog
    I'm going to go with everyone else on this and say Irish Wolfhound.  I was going to say Scottish Deerhound at first but then realized that the picture pups have much fuller faces than Deerhounds, amongst other things.
    • Silver
    I thought Irish Wolfhounds also but I didnt know they come in blond
    I 've only seen them in dark grey, never this color
    • Gold Top Dog
    The color is fawn or "wheaten" and it has shades from almost white...thru nice dark golden.

• Gold Top Dog
    That's funny because the only two I've ever met in person were that very light fawn. I probably would be briefly confused by a grey IWH, since the deerhounds I've met were dark grey. Deerhounds and wolfhounds move very differently, however.
    • Gold Top Dog

trick question, and dont cheat.. but guess the breed [:D]
    this has recently been a gripe with me too.... in some photos its getting tricky to tell some breeds from others without being told or having some kind of size comparison.
    • Silver
    This is the only colour I've seen them in

Oh well, you learn something new everyday I guess
    • Gold Top Dog
    Irish Wolfhounds...definetly[:)]
    • Gold Top Dog
    ORIGINAL: DumDog

this has recently been a gripe with me too.... in some photos its getting tricky to tell some breeds from others without being told or having some kind of size comparison.

First one's a Labradoodle, ain't it?  Second one looks like an IW, cept his ears are awful long.  I agree that a lot of these breeds (and "breeds") are looking aaawfully similar.  Otterhounds are in that jumbled up mess too along with all the poodle mixes.
    • Gold Top Dog
    ORIGINAL: Nikki_Burr

ORIGINAL: DumDog

First one's a Labradoodle, ain't it?  Second one looks like an IW, cept his ears are awful long.  I agree that a lot of these breeds (and "breeds") are looking aaawfully similar.  Otterhounds are in that jumbled up mess too along with all the poodle mixes.

yep you win [:D]

i was watching some commercial or other and there was .. i guess a labradoodle in it... but the close up on the face looked like IWH.
    and THEN i found out the new eddition on Monopoly has replaced the little scotty dog with a labradoodle.
      and to .. um... move along with the times... they replaced some other items as well.
    my brother inlaw got us a giant game set with scrabble, monopoly and other games. i havent opened it yet, so i dont know if it has the doodle or not.
    i personally liked the scotty.... ah well. i'll just pretend the other is an IWH..

• Silver
    Irish Wolfhound- our neighbour has one in fawn- beautiful, just beautiful!!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Possibly Lurchers.  Or they could even be Staghounds.  Both of which are mix-breeds of varying parentage with a predominance of sighthound.