Rotti's Or Rotti x

• Bronze

Rotti's Or Rotti x

Any one elso  own a Rotti or a Rotti cross?
    • Gold Top Dog
    i just put down a deposit for my pup! i will be the proud owner of one gorgeous purebred rottie pup in jan/feb! im soooo excited! a playmate for my beagle and a lovely addition to my household. ive wanted a rottweiler for as long as i can remember. i love those dogs.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Ooo! Where from .stacer.?
    • Gold Top Dog
    from a breeder i found here in ontario. shes fantastic. i love her dogs, they are the most gorgeous rotties ive seen. not to mention the biggest sweethearts!

after much debation with my boyfriends family, we decided to go ahead and get the dog. his sister is apparaently afraid of rotties and thinks they are scary and has said there is a good chance she will not let her kids around it. but she understands shes being completely irrational, and that they can be the greatest dogs, so shes going to give it a real shot when she meets the little pup, but she just cant promise feeling comfortable about letting her kids around it, in which case, we will just not bring the dog when we go to visit her.
    • Gold Top Dog
    from a breeder i found here in ontario. shes fantastic. i love her dogs, they are the most gorgeous rotties ive seen. not to mention the biggest sweethearts!

It wouldn't happen to be Ann of Esmond Rotts would it? xD!
    • Gold Top Dog
    ORIGINAL: .stacer.

but she understands shes being completely irrational, and that they can be the greatest dogs, so shes going to give it a real shot when she meets the little pup, but she just cant promise feeling comfortable about letting her kids around it, in which case, we will just not bring the dog when we go to visit her.

Just wait, once she sees that little puppy toddling around she'll forget all about what breed it is [:D]
    • Gold Top Dog
    [linkhttp://www.windorff.com]www.windorff.com[/link], thats where/who im getting a pup from.

hahaha, the cute puppy factor is what im counting on! who can resist a puppy, breed doesnt matter at that age, they are all adorable.
    • Silver
    Here's our Rottie mix - we think with Shepherd and lab
    Cabo as a pup, and Cabo all grown up....

• Gold Top Dog
    Me me me!!!  I rescued my oldest when he was 6, right after I lost my mastiff.  I'd had a rottie before the mastiff and fallen totally head over heels for the breed.  Would have gotten another, but was afraid another would never measure up, so I got the mastiff.  Loved her, wouldn't mind another some day, but they're no rottie!!

So, we rescued our oldest, after much discussion with the hubby who was a total non-believer in rotts.  Believed all the media hype.  Within a week he was totally sold! 

Then he fell so in love with the breed that I talked him into letting me do a bit of rescue work.  We took in 2 others, a 3 year old male and a 5 year old female.  A couple months later, before we'd had a chance to do all we wanted (ILP, CGC, etc) we had to move out of state.  All the other rotties rescues in FL were packed and couldn't take them, so they came with us.  And now we could never imagine not having them in the family. 

So, we have 3!!  All rescues.  Baron, the oldest, is having problems with his hips now and is over weight.  We can't seem to get it off him no matter what we do.  He's lost about 15 pounds since the move (1 year) but still needs to drop easily another 10 or 15.  Me too actually!! 

Candy is 7 now and acts like she's 3.  Still so much puppy in her.  Except she seems to get confused every now and then.  She's too smart for her own good.  Learned how to open the front door one night and took herself on a walk.  Then forgot where she was.  Our oldest son woke us up at 3AM to tell me that she and Baron were gone.  Scared the bejeezus outta me.  We found them down the road, Baron couldn't or wouldn't walk at all anymore.  He was worn out.  Candy was so confused. 

Anyway, Tyson is the baby and he's such a total love.  He adores stuffed animals and carries one everyplace he goes - even out to potty.  I've finally tired of picking them out of the yard so I'm teaching him to clean up after himself now.  He'll snuggle with them too, tucking them up against his belly and curling around them when he lays down.  SO adorable!

Here they are.  They were on leashes for some training time, and not happy.  We've got a good bit of acreage and they are very well voice trained, so they seldom see a leash.  And seem to be offended by it when they do!  But it's the only good picture I have of all 3.  Tyson is back left, Candy is front and center, and Baron is back right.

• Gold Top Dog
    I have 3 Rotties.

V-Fenja vom Sonnenhugel BH AD IPO1 TT
    10+ years old, spayed, retired

Crajo's Spit 'N' Image, RN TT 5 years old, elbow dysplastic, spayed

and I am awaiting [linkpuppies>http://redyrerottweilers.bravehost.com/Choice1.html]puppies [/link](sorry, all are spoken for) from [linkPenny.>http://redyrerottweilers.bravehost.com/penny.html]Penny. [/link] 
    (2X Multi Breed Best In Show, Res. MBBIS UKC CH 3X High In Trial UKC CD BOB/Multi BOS AKC CH Eternal Moon Finders Keepers, CD RN TT TDI CGC)

I've enjoyed Rotties since the late 80s. Great dogs if properly bred, socialized, trained, and confined. :D
    • Gold Top Dog
    Oh Red, you have gorgeous rotties!!!   And I totally agree - you cannot emphasize enough the importance of socializing, training, confinement, and breeding.  Breeding is my big thing today.  Mine were all rescues so they weren't properly bred.  I'm sure they all originally came from BYBs.  I'm sure their parents were never tested for any genetic disorders.  My oldest male has terrible hips.  He's 8 years old.  And today he must be PTS.  He can't even get up and support himself.  Breeding is soooo important.  Just kills me when people tell me it doesn't matter to them if the puppies parents were OFA checked or were shown or competed in sports.  These things determine the puppies eventual conformation and overall condition.  Puppies with parents who are conformationally correct and have been genetically tested well most likely won't have problems with hips and eyes and hearts etc. 

Rotties are wonderful family pets for anyone who is wanting to make them a family member and will devote the time needed for socialization and training.  But you must do your homework with them and their breeder.  Otherwise you lose your best friend way too soon.