Your Favourite Breed

• Gold Top Dog
    [Deleted by Admins]
    • Gold Top Dog
    My favorite breed has to be the PBGV. They are goofy, independant, scruffy, loving and are very cute! I dont own one, but someday will....

My second would be a pembroke corgi followed by a toy poodle (with a puppy cut, either red or apricot in color), and a rat terrier.
    • Puppy
    The Chow Chow is my favorite breed

They're intelligent
    Loyal
    Great Watch dogs, but don't bark a lot
    Don't poop anywhere and everywhere in the yard
    Calm, but playful
    Don't demand attention

Some of the things I like about my chow chow, is that she doesn't go psycho everytime someone comes over, or bark like crazy everytime a little kid walks down the street... lol like my australian shepherd does....   She's obedient. ..Although I don't think she would be as obedient as she is, if I wouldn't have showed her who was boss in the begining... She's a quick learner, she's super smart.  She's well behaved in public areas. ....And she only poops in the back corner of the yard, unlike my other two dogs.. LoL

• Gold Top Dog
    There oughta be a law against being that cute. Absolutely beautiful dog.
    • Puppy
    Thanks  ( :
    • Gold Top Dog
    I LOVE Parson Russells!  When I was little there were ALWAYS Russells at the horse shows we went to.  In fact, I don't remember many other dogs than lots of Russells, BCs, and Aussies.  Those were the main dogs at the shows.  Some had packs of hounds too because fox hunting was big.  But, my parents never let me pet the Russells because they said they are all nippy.  In college, one of my professors partnered with the local kennel club to have training classes and I borrowed one of his Russells to work with.  I fell in love!  I've wanted one since I was little and now I have two of my own plus 14 others that I get to love and play with every day!  When I brought my mom out to see them, she was so impressed by all of their temperments.  We socialize like crazy so we don't have nippy dogs!  There are so many people who have ruined the breed.  Temperment is the number one consideration(besides health) for us!  Of course looks are nice, but the most beautiful dog with a bad temperment is not a good thing. 
    Now, I don't think I'll ever be without a Parson and I hope to be a well-known breeder someday.  I already have one litter to my name and they are gonna do great in the ring. 
    Id also like to breed a sighthound one day too.  My mentor's wife has a Borzoi that I adore and will be handling.  They are fun dogs.  Terriers and sight hounds are my two favorite types of dogs and I can't think of any out of those groups that I don't like.  Well, the Bedlington Terrier is weird looking and the Dandy Dinmont looks like a little old lady, but they are still neat dogs.
    • Silver
    Russells are cute but they're SO hyper!! A friend of mine has a jack russell x beagle and that thing just runs and runs and runs. *LOL* She's like a little bullet coming out of nowhere. 
    • Gold Top Dog
    ORIGINAL: lilhoney42380

Russells are cute but they're SO hyper!! A friend of mine has a jack russell x beagle and that thing just runs and runs and runs. *LOL* She's like a little bullet coming out of nowhere. 

LOL, look at my signature!  My dogs are professional nappers.  They run and play, but they just hang out too.  I have a one bedroom apartment and I need to start walking them more, but they are perfectly content to hang out next to me all day.  Colton is especially happy if he can curl up under the blanket next to me.  He can be running around like crazy, but as soon as he sees me under a blanket, he curls up under it.  Hes busy, but not hyper at all.  That is one thing my mentor and I strive for.  Dogs that can be content hanging out with you rather than go, go, go.
    • Gold Top Dog
    I have two favourites - the Lab and the German Shorthaired Pointer and yes, we have both.
    The Lab for the temperment, playfullness and the willingness to work hard.  The GSP for the affection, energy and sense of humour.  Both our dogs do agility (not very well) and we love the time together.  We don't hunt but the so-called gun dogs are fantastic.

• Silver
    They had Pointers on Breed All About it yesterday. They're an interesting breed.
    • Silver
    Labs are our favorite. They're so loyal, intelligent and lovable.  They make me laugh out loud.  They love nothing more than just being with their people no matter what you're doing.  Their big, soft eyes can both melt and break your heart.

Shelties are my second favorite.  My Sheltie is my first one.  I'm still learning about this breed but I love them.  He's so smart and beautiful.  I love his coat and his markings.  He's so sweet and fun.  He'll play ball with me and curl up while I read a book.  I would love to have another one!

I love all dogs but I have a few other favorites.  I love German Shepherds, German Shorthairs and Great Danes.  I like Westies too.  I love almost any gun dog or giant breed (Pyrenese, Bernies, Newfies).

I will never live long enough to own all the dogs I would like to own!  .......Unless I win the lottery!