What mix is a "Rockwilder"?

• Gold Top Dog

What mix is a "Rockwilder"?

Does anybody know???
    • Gold Top Dog
    Never heard of it, perhaps you just heard someone wrong when they said "Rottweiler" or someone has no idea how to pronounce it.
    • Gold Top Dog
    It's not a mix, some people don't know how to pronounce Rottweiler and end up calling them Rockwilders...
    • Gold Top Dog
    I saw someone on the internet today refer to them as "Road Wilders".

[8|]
    • Gold Top Dog
    Mispronunciations of the name of the Rottweiler are frequent.   I suspect whoever called it a ROCKWILDER is a cross between ignorance and illiteracy.   ;)
    • Gold Top Dog
    If I'm thinking of the same post, the poster actually is quite intelligent and I believe that her post was "tongue in check" about folks breeding dogs when they don't even know the flipping name of their own breed. 
    • Gold Top Dog
    I've never heard of that, who says that?
    • Gold Top Dog
    I guess someone said it wrong, because on another post, someone mentioned "Rockwilder".  I thought it was a Rottweiler mix. Sorry.
    • Gold Top Dog
    That's cute[:D]  I think I'll change the name of my Rottie to Rock troller as she loves to troll rocks from the water.

Just to add the Rottweiler is a mixture of old type mastiff dogs and interbred with local herding dogs to become the butcher's dog of Rottweil.  When you get down to it...all purebred dogs started out as mixed breeds[:D]   
    • Gold Top Dog
    They are owned by the same people who own "Datsuns", Doxins, Palmeranians, Thoroughbred (!) dogs, and other weird names.  Geeze, if you can't even pronounce your OWN breed...[8|]
    • Gold Top Dog
    I have to admit I alwaus misspell names all the time but it's true, if your the breeder at least get the name right.
    • Gold Top Dog
    ORIGINAL: lorib

They are owned by the same people who own "Datsuns", Doxins, Palmeranians, Thoroughbred (!) dogs, and other wierd names.  Geeze, if you can't even pronounce your OWN breed...[8|]

I wonder if they're the same people that think I own a "feral" hound...
    • Gold Top Dog
    lol.  There was one woman who had bred Lopsy Dopsys for 15 years.  I think she meant Lhasa Apsos, but I'm not quite sure...
    • Gold Top Dog
    Rockwilder is a really common mispronounciation around here.  I've even seen it in print.  Yes, from someone advertising "AKC reg Rockwilders".
    • Gold Top Dog
    It's funny when an owner will tell me "she is a weiner dog" and I say "you mean a Dachshund?" and then they say someting like "nope, she is not a dacshund, she is a full regisered weiner dog" I have to say "weiner dog" is a cute name for a dachshund but it's in no way regiersted as a weiner.