Can anyone figure out the Mix in my Mixed Breed?

• Bronze

Can anyone figure out the Mix in my Mixed Breed?

I found him beat up a year and a half ago and i love him very much but whenever anyone asks me about his breed im like..."hes a ***" and they automatically assume that i hate dogs or that i abuse them...SEXUALLY...well nt rly lol but anws id rly like to know. U cn find his pic on my profile
    • Gold Top Dog

I don't know why you would think people assume you hate dogs because you don't know their breed? That's just weird and so is your post!

I have a mix breed as well and that's what I say. "He's a mix." By the way he is way cute. 

• Bronze
    lol i was being sarcastic but apparently it didnt work out that well...anws im sure he thanks u for the compliment and it would be rly helpful if u could tell me what breeds do u see in this mutt. The vet told me he is an akita with smthng else(which i dnt think is accurate), a pall told me that he's a golden retriever mixed with a Norwegian something-hound and another guy told me he's an Ainu-ken(in Cyprus yeah right) mixed with another thingy
    • Gold Top Dog

SovereignXI
    ...a pall told me that he's a golden retriever mixed with a Norwegian something-hound..

If you mean Norwegian Elkhound, I don't see any in him.  Elkhound is usually quite obvious in Elkhound mixes.  He's a pretty fella. Most likely there is more than two breeds in his ancestory.  Could be some Golden.  It's hard to tell from the picture, tho.  Do you have any more pictures of him?  Maybe side shots of him standing? 

• Bronze
    i uploaded some new pics(they are kind of blurry though) of him thank you for your help
    • Gold Top Dog

Looking at the new pictures, I think I see some Shetland Sheepdog (Sheltie), Lab, maybe some Beagle.  LIke I said earlier, most likely he's a mix of more than two breeds.  It's hard to tell how big he is, but I'm guessing about maybe 20-22 inches tall, and that he weighs somewhere around 60 pounds.  There is something very familiar about him, but I can't put my finger on it.

• Bronze
    thank u for actually taking the time i googled the breeds u told me and he kinda looks like them but apparently as u said he's a mix of more than two breeds... apparently kiba is a true B4574RD!
    • Gold Top Dog

Call me crazy, but I think I see border collie in that face.

• Gold Top Dog

Yep I can see some herder ... and probably spaniel or retriever.  But if I had to pin it down I'd say it's definitely "White Dog Mix". 

That shawl of white around his neck makes me see border collie to be honest.  But yeah -- white dog mix.  I had one of those once -- one of the best dogs I ever had.  Smart? You bet.

Mike - I never knew what Mikey was either.