Anime dog - Any real breeds look like this?

• Bronze

Anime dog - Any real breeds look like this?

There's an anime I like called Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru that has a dog named Josephine. I was wondering if any real breeds look anything like her.

• Gold Top Dog

Sable Pomeranian maybe? 

FWIW picking a dog because it looks like a anime character is probably not a great idea :)

• Gold Top Dog

AgileGSD

FWIW picking a dog because it looks like a anime character is probably not a great idea :)

I'm so glad you added this, Agile. 

• Gold Top Dog

That is not a dog persee'...it is a Racoon Dog, they ARE a member of the canine clan if I recall but a very "primative" branch and I think they're it for their genus or grouping or whatever they call those. They are farmed in some countries for their fur, and hunted in the wild for their fur and as a vermin species similar to how Coyotes and Foxes are treated stateside.

• Gold Top Dog

Like RWbeagles mentioned its a Tanuki/Japaneses Raccoon Dog.

• Puppy
    Just to clarify, the "racoon dog" is a member of the same family as dogs (Canidae), but is in a different subfamily, and hence a different genus and species. They are no more closely related to dogs than foxes are, and only distantly related to racoons. The raccoon dog is native to east Asia, but has also been introduced into Central Europe where they can be serious predators on the nests of some ground nesting birds and also can damage some crops such as corn and grapes. Cute, but not a pet.
    • Puppy

Discover the perfect synergy of gaming and anime with freelance game artists specializing in anime-style illustrations. From character design to background art, these talented individuals bring your gaming universe to life with vibrant colors and expressive characters. Embrace the creativity and passion of Freelance anime artists in your next game project.