AKK and CC's

• Gold Top Dog

AKK and CC's

Living in a small town, I don't get to see the "rare" breeds. Infact I didn't even know these breeds existed until coming to this forum.

Now, however, since joining up with my K9 club I am on talking terms with an AKK breeder (he's my team leader for Sandy's volunteer group) and I've met 6 CC's!!

In agility if someone is unable to run a dog for any reason, we are willing to run the dogs for them. So there's  2 CC rescues in class who's owner is going through a series of surgeries but she wants her dogs to play. Guess who gets to run them... Yep ME!

Rocky and Maggie are the sweetest dogs! Rock loves to work with me even thou he doesn't really know me. Maggie however is used to throwing a tantrum and getting her way so we're working on it. She does this spin jump when she wants her way. Really cute actually. 

When I remember to bring my camera, I'll have to get pictures of "my" adopted dogs. Lol.

• Gold Top Dog

Cant wait to see pics :)

• Gold Top Dog

oranges81
    Now, however, since joining up with my K9 club I am on talking terms with an AKK breeder (he's my team leader for Sandy's volunteer group) and I've met 6 CC's!!

Are you talking about Roger Laycock???

Congrats on the running of the CCs!  It sounds like tons of fun. Smile

• Gold Top Dog

CCs are way fun, and so different than terriers in every single way. LOL It's good for you!

• Gold Top Dog
    I want pictures!  Big Smile
    • Gold Top Dog

Infiniti

oranges81

Are you talking about Roger Laycock???

Why yes I am. Lol. He reminds me of a proud papa waiting for his new pup! Lmao. Tamu is such a sweet heart!

• Gold Top Dog

Isn't he great?  He and I had some email discussions when he was first wanting to get Tamu certified for therapy work.  Tamu's GORGEOUS, one of Karen's best DArKKs. 

He's a great breeder, very involved and caring. Smile

• Gold Top Dog

Isn't that funny?! I mentioned I spoke to someone on a dog forum from Chicago and when he asked who, I told him I couldn't remember the name but she has 3 AKK's. When I named them, he got this funny look. Lol

Well Tamu passed both the therapy and Paws to read program so she's fully certified now.  He's waiting for his male pup from Chicago now. Something about blood tests coming in. Didn't fully understand it but I wanna steal one of his dogs. Lol

• Gold Top Dog

He's probably waiting for Factor VII results, it's a genetic disorder AKK breeders test for.

It's so neat that you get to hang out with Roger and his dogs!

• Gold Top Dog

That's it! I think he's getting a rush on Tamu's blood test as well before he brings his male pup home.

It's soooo weird that you know him. Lol.  Although AKK's are still a fairly rare breed right?

• Gold Top Dog

They are still pretty rare.  You really get to know most everyone in the AKK community.  To be honest, I may not have known Roger if not for my breeder Karen (whom he got Tamu from).  He mentioned to her that he was interested in therapy work, and she put him in touch with me for more info on training for it, and the rest is history!  I felt so privileged, when Tamu received her certification, Roger made a point of calling me and Karen first to tell us before letting the rest of the world know!  He's such a nice guy, and so dedicated to his AKK.

• Gold Top Dog

Oh yes. I can see that. I remember a couple years ago at our club's open house, Roger was there showing off pictures of Tamu before he even got her! Lmao!

I may have to sweet talk him in to letting me "borrow" an AKK for a bit. I'm really interested in them but I'm not sure if they're the dog for me. 

• Gold Top Dog

I know what an AKK is... but what is a CC? Chinese Crested?

• Gold Top Dog

mehpenn

I know what an AKK is... but what is a CC? Chinese Crested?

Yep yep! 

• Gold Top Dog

I think I need to see lots of pics of said dogs, just to be sure I know what I'm thinking these dogs are.....  LOL

Big Smile