HELP ME

• Bronze

HELP ME

Does any one tell me is this dog is alsatian or else

http://forum.dog.com/members/experts585/photos/picture835236.aspx

• Bronze

It's a little hard for me to tell that young, but the face does look like it could be a German Shepherd. I am certainly not sure, though.
    Good luck!

• Bronze
    any idea from his legs and ear and tail?
    • Gold Top Dog

need more pics but just looking at it as it is... i'd say its probably a mix of shepherd and who knows what. like Alaskawolf said... hard to tell when that young.

http://www.wagsdogclub.com/Community/articles/alsatian_is_a_gsd.htm

• Bronze
    click to view full image

click to view full image

click to view full image

click to view full image

click to view full image
    • Gold Top Dog

The puppy looks quite young and IMO too thin.  It has some GSD characteristics but doesn't look like any purebred puppy I've ever seen (working or show lines).  The color, ears, eyes, overall shape aren't quite right.  Where did you get it?  How old is it?

• Bronze

my friend give me as a gift, i think. When he handover to me it was 15 days old and now i think 45 days less one or plus one day

• Gold Top Dog

he's a very handsome puppy either way :) looks very alert. thin yes, but thats easily fixed with the right diet and possible deworming.

as for breed it COULD be a Belgian Malinois

or cross Mal and German shepherd. or shepherd and terrier. 

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

experts585
    my friend give me as a gift, i think. When he handover to me it was 15 days old

Where was the mother of this pup?  That would tell you half of his parentage, but more importantly - a 2 week old puppy is waaay too young to be separated from his mom & littermates, imo.  And what do you mean by "Gave as a gift, I think"?  Is this your puppy?  If it is, it's very thin - has your veterinarian given you advice on getting some weight on him?

• Gold Top Dog

lol i thought that "as a gift i think" part was funny . that could mean oh so many things

i was given two two week old GSD puppies because apparently the mother had rejected them and was a bad mother. the whole litter died except those two, the healthiest apparently. found out from the vet that they had hook worms ....... the mother hadnt rejected the pups at all... they were naturally crawling off and dying all on their own....

it was MY time, money and gas spent going to the vet and bottle feeding those two... not the "breeder's" .... I got the dirty looks from the staff because they thought i was the reason those two pups had suffered so much pain.i didnt exactly want to take them but i felt horrible about the way they were living(in a dirt kennel outdoors with a sorry excuse for a shelter... which also had a dirt floor) plus the mother had mange.

so its not totally unheard of to happen. dont know THIS person's situation but i keep my mind open on such matters because i've been down that road. i also think the OP is from another country. and some people dont like to see fat butter ball puppies. i dunno why..... but i have seen in other dog forums where they disagree with fat pups vs lean pups saying fat doesnt always indicate health.

anyway lets not alienate someone to the point where they decide they would rather leave than learn.  at two weeks of age a pups eyes are open and they are moving around... some people think its just fine to take them away and hand raise them like you do with a parrot.... the majority of us, myself included, dont agree to that. but who knows. in other parts of the world that might be there preferred method... still, this person already has the dog.

lets go from there.

• Bronze

Gave as a gift, I think"? lolz i have wrote my friend give me as a gift. I think  when he handover to me it was 15 days old

haam but now days he is fine. i also known that  15 days old dog not to separated from his mom. but my question is this dog alsation and what do u mean by geting some weight on him, and now a days i have a problem, he take all think in him mouth whtever he see, like when i let him outside without his chain he try to eat whatever he see i am very much confused what he did, dog likes meets and snaks but he try to eat trees leaf, branches of tree, i live in pakistan.this is my 2nd dog, and what about its vacenation and other kind of staff, and i hope you people understand my English cuz my English a little weak,

THX IN ADVANCE TO GROWING MY DOG

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Your English is better than my Urdu would be.  A compliment to you.  I have tried to make the language easier to read, I hope this helps:)

Are you able to bring your dog to a veterinarian (doctor for dog)?  There could be a medical reason/cause/explanation why he is thin (he appears to be underweight which might be a sign/indication that he might have a medical problem).  Your veterinarian can examine your dog for parasites, infections, and general health, and will give your dog vaccinations that are appropriate/correct for his age and environment.  (Your veterinarian can also give you advice on how to care for your pet, without the language difficulty. lol!)

It is natural for a puppy to chew and bite many different types of objects, even if they are no good for the puppy.  He does not know any better.  Be careful what he takes into his mouth, because many objects, especially tree branches or twigs, can cause bigger problems if the puppy ingests them (eats them) and they get stuck in his stomach or intestines.

Maybe this site would be helpful, http://dogspk.com/ - a section shows Veterinarians by regions, one example in Lahore: http://dogspk.com/veterinarians/lahore/lahore-animal-hospital/

Also a veterinarian pet clinic in Punjab: http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=15918596925280693387&q=veterinarians%2Bin%2BPunjab,%2BPakistan&hl=en

to DumDog:  The reason I ask about the mother is to determine if something medical happened to her, which might explain some of this pup's circumstances.  I realize and recognize that it may not have been deliberate to have taken the dog from its mother, which is why I asked.  Getting background information is appropriate to understanding the current condition of the dog.

• Bronze

hi,

Do yoy have any skype and google account that we discuss the problem which occurred time to time