Hey there, I've been MIA lately, moving it's been hectic.  But I saw this thread and had to weigh in.  I have a weimaraner as you know a lot of people lump V's in with weims since they appear very similar and are used for the same work.  I want to say I considered a V for awhile, but I would not get one because they are more (consistently) driven than their weim counterparts.  They will hunt ALL. DAY. LONG.  They require huge amounts of exercise that I don't think you can ever properly appreciate until you own one yourself.  I certainly thought I could with my weim and I just couldn't.  It's amazing how much these dogs can go.... and how much more high maintenance they are than they look. They need proper mental stimulation which means obedience classes at a very minimum.  As a show dog he'll need even MORE socialization as it's not natural for a hunting breed to stand still while strangers go over them.  

I want to add just because a breeder nearby has 12 week old puppies available doesn't mean that this is the right breeder for you to take a puppy from.  You want a breeder who listens to what YOU need and to find a beautiful (Show Quality) yet PET quality temperament since I assume you will not be hunting this dog.  If you have a highly driven vizsla all I can say is good luck.  Keeping him intact to show... you'll also need to make sure you have maximum containment.  I don't know much about where you live?  6ft fences and a good lock on the door :)  Having an intact weim I can say that with absolute certainty! :)

I love v's I think they are stunning, but I personally find their energy level even higher than weims in the research I've done.  I'm not prepared to handle that and their drive.

I hope you'll seriously consider what you're taking on this is A LOT of dog in a medium sized package.  Not trying to dissuade you, just trying to bring up the negatives.  I know when you get in the energy and momentum of getting a puppy it's hard to not want one.  But, as you'll be showing you should be very picky.