New puppy!!!

• Gold Top Dog

right.... What I was saying is she would make a very big italian greyhound or whippet. She's about the same size as the other dog in the picture, both IGs and whippets are smaller than that.

• Gold Top Dog

erica1989

Mom could be anything, honestly. I've gotten litters of kittens - one will look pure siamese, and the others will be black and calico. I don't get how they could know dad was pitty, but not what mom was. Doesn't mom carry the pups?? hmmm

And...I do think it was a poor choice, on the part of the shelter, to list a pit mix as a breed other than pit. That's setting some up to fail/be returned - IME.

That said... she could be a dobie mix, you'll get a better guess once she gets a bit bigger. I can see the pit, and who knowssss what else!!

I have no idea why the previous owner of the litter wouldn't have told them what the mom was.  Only thing I can figure is that she was probably some sort of mix that they didn't know what she was.  I thought it was pretty odd. 

And I do agree that calling them something different when they "knew" (you never really know for sure if the people are telling the truth either) that the litter was part pit wasn't the smartest thing...but I also see their point of view...they aren't the best decision-makers at times. 

I'll have to post more pictures when she gets a little older.  She's already grown a lot since these were taken!

• Gold Top Dog

I really wanna say Pit/JRT for the pup....she's so cute!

And, your older boy, Pit/Lab? He's brindle which is very common for Pitties, but his nose/musle are more BYB Lab to me.

Both of them are cute though!!!