are you kidding me?!

• Gold Top Dog

Big Smile  size of roaches... ROFLMAO!

• Gold Top Dog

brookcove

Chihuahuas are seriously that small?  Has that changed in the last few years - maybe knocked the top down of the standard or something?

My inlaws had a chihuahua twenty years ago and I don't remember her being much smaller than Zhi (Chinese crested, on the small side of the standard at 9 or 10 pounds).  She was a freakish dog but I think raised a bit differently she would have been a neat dog.  She was purchased from what I'd call a serious back yard breeder - only BYB in that they didn't show, but their dogs themselves were from show kennels and they did eyes and elbows, heart, etc on the parents.  Trixie had an actual dog-shaped face rather than the smooshed one I see today - maybe the muzzle adds another pound or so?  Big Smile

Yes, they really are that small.  Smile  The standard has definitely changed over time...but even in the 40's, the standard specified a weight of 1 to 6 pounds, with 2-4 pounds being preferable.  Here is a link showing a "then and now" comparison of the standard. http://www.ahkennel.net/standard.htm  As for their faces, I personally prefer the more "smooshed" faces of today's Chihuahuas.  :-)  However, as with anything, I do think it can get a bit extreme at times.

And Glenmar, no worries.  Stick out tongue

• Gold Top Dog

personally, i think your right for 5,000 (its too much) id rather get a finished dog (an akc champion) and fit to be bred (may it be male or female). its just a waste of money if you buy for 5,000 and not being able to conform inthe standard regardless of color. it should be quality before color always thats why i agree with you all the way! :-) thats just too much advertising hahha! and thats why they are asking way too much