What is typically the most muscular(ripped) of all the dog breeds?

• Bronze

ok, I think that you have to take each breed by what it was bred to do.  For instance, my standard poodle is solid muscle--have a pic of him running in my profile, but can't figure our how to get it here--his hair makes it seem that he is not though.  Then there are the dogs that you expect to be muscular that can tend towards flabby without exercise--labs, rotties, bulldogs...So If your dog is muscular for the breed standard, then you should go by that.

My poodle can jump 8 feet from a standstill...LOL

Chaz gaits alone.jpg

• Gold Top Dog
    I would think any one of the Molosser breeds would be ripped. Not sure that any particular breed of that group is more ripped than another. The genetics are there but it's up to you to spend the time conditioning them.
    • Gold Top Dog

rhodes
    I have American Pit Bull Terriers and a Rottweiler. All of them are very well built. Like a previous poster stated, alot of the bullies are just fat, makes me sad.  They have to be exercised to get "ripped"... Hopefully this works,,here are some pic of a few of my dogs.

No, incorrect they don't have "have to be exercised" to get ripped. Its called genetics and natural muscle tone.

This 11wk old pup was not condition

Same female at 9 months, she does love a good run and play but no real exercise required

She has nice tone, maybe not super ripped but at least all natural. She doesn't do much exercise, lay around most the time.

You don't have to be sad, you can do something about it. Put your dogs on a diet and start some exercise. You can at least get them trimmed down to a good weight and then maybe gain some muscle once the excess fat is gone. You might be surprised that they could actually have not nice tone if not overweight. No guarantee because genetics along with healthy diet and exercise play their own roles. With some dogs more and others less.

I prefer to condition the ones who need it and not waste time on the ones who don't. You can also feed and exercise 2 the same and end up with one who is ripped and another who is still fairly soft without much definition.  

• Gold Top Dog

My favorite pit bull on earth.....Lil Bit, she is truly amazing

Otherwise I'd say RR's, Dobies, Greyhounds, Bull Terriers, and American Bulldogs

• Gold Top Dog

Aurora - I've seen Lil Bit on still water creek supply or some other dog equipment site!! That is one musclular dog!

Ya'll sould see Sam's hindquarters...Who says Labs can't be solid muscle??

• Gold Top Dog

Emma, before she started on Pheno, was incredibly ripped. It was partially conditioning. She's still a well muscled dog, but now, she's more "soft" looking. She's a slick, broken coated Parson Russell Terrier.

Spicy_Bulldog, I love that bitch's topline! Ena's slopes, slightly, like that, at the croup. I think it's beautiful. She also moves like a dream. Does your girl have great movement,  too? I'd love to see her in action.

• Gold Top Dog

Lil Bit is a very nice female.

She is related to my young female if I remember the pedigree correctly. 

jennie_c_d
    Spicy_Bulldog, I love that bitch's topline! Ena's slopes, slightly, like that, at the croup. I think it's beautiful. She also moves like a dream. Does your girl have great movement,  too? I'd love to see her in action.

The older bitch, she is already a champ? She does have a nice topline. Her movement is pretty good to, as is her dams. I will see if I have any video of them gaiting properly, most likely not...lol  

The younger female moves pretty good too, although pics don't show exactly a stacked shot she is build nice.

Here is a few others 

Sister to the buckskin red nose above. She was about 7 months old here, I got to show her, no conditioning, this is first time she's even seen a flirtpole.

This is all the natural tone for not but as he's maturing I'm noticing more

This is all he has on average, but can be worked for more

• Gold Top Dog

Oh, they're beautiful!!! Do you do UKC conformation? I'm assuming they're APBTs? I haven't seen much APBT conformation.... I've only been to one UKC show. They're beautiful dogs! I just love that goofy puppy face with silly earsSmile

• Gold Top Dog

I am of course partial to Rhodies but here are a couple of my youngsters not a spare ounce of fat on them!

" width=640 mce_src="">

These are just two, the first one is a young dog who will get even leaner as he ages and the second a photo of a stud I used for my last litter, just lean and muscled with an elegant definition.

Bonita of Bwana

• Gold Top Dog

Alright WHY does it do that??? INstead of simply pasting the img code in by it'self I used the IMAGE button and place it there once but gave it a size recommended to me by others.... ARRRRRRRRRGH  I am sooooo cyber clueless!

Bonita

• Gold Top Dog

jennie_c_d

Oh, they're beautiful!!! Do you do UKC conformation? I'm assuming they're APBTs? I haven't seen much APBT conformation.... I've only been to one UKC show. They're beautiful dogs! I just love that goofy puppy face with silly earsSmile

UKC/ADBA/AADR there are many shows to see the the APBT. I've been thinking about trying the NKC, but I'm not sure about them. Heard good and bad, but there are a lot of others now doing UKC/NKC or ADBA/NKC titles where before there were less. So I might check it out. Maybe do some ARBA shows with the Pits since I can do the others with them.

• Gold Top Dog

AuroraLove
    Otherwise I'd say RR's, Dobies, Greyhounds, Bull Terriers, and American Bulldogs

Yep, greys coming off the racetrack are incredibly muscular, though personally I prefer the softer, jiggly skin folds that become only slightly evident on the retired and "content to be lazy" greyhounds.  Smile

• Bronze

I agree with genetics and muscle mass. Titus has always been a pretty ripped boy, and when he's actually worked - he pops. Here he is at rest and you can just see the muscles in his neck and shoulders. (this is after not doing a whole lot with him for the past two weeks.) He's actually the easiest dog to take to the line for lure coursing. I've never allowed him to pull when we're walking and that carried over to LCing. He'll whine and moan but stay spring loaded next to me.

Ridgebacks can be pretty ripped, but I think the most muscular dog I have ever seen personally - has been the Dogo Argentino. 

http://www.dogobg.com/Russian%20dogo%20magazine%202.jpg

I have nothing but respect for the breeders that not only work their dogs as they were meant to be worked, but also keep the temperament of these animals in check. They are magnificent animals about the same height as a ridgeback, but twice the muscle mass. I think they're beautiful, but I'm strong enough to know they're not a breed for me.