least favorite?

• Gold Top Dog
    Chow Chows! When my best friend got one, my dad told me to be careful because they're known as the "blue-tongue devil" and my groomer also told me to never trust a blue-tongued dog, but I don't judge dogs like that. So when I went over to my friends, I was real nice to the dog, played with it and all, and when my friend went to the bathroom and her parent were outside, it tried to attack me! I screamed for my friend and hid behind the coach so he wouldn't see me. I honestly do not like this breed, and will probably never trust one again, especially since it attacked me 90lb lab the next week! I'm the kind of person who loves EVERY dog! No matter the size, rep. or whatever but this is a breed that absolutely terrifys me!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Totally agree with Xerxes on page one! My hairdresser was bragging about her "tea-cup" Yorkie and how its only one pound! And now she's talking about breeding it! Good thing she has me to tell her all the bad of not neutering/spaying your pet. It truly made me sick when she told me the weight of the pup. And for flat nosed dogs, I like the breeds, cute and all, but its sad hearing them wheeze :(
    • Gold Top Dog

The following comment is based on my lifestyle and opinion. I do have love for all dogs equally; "least favorite" is in reference to a dog that I would not bring into my home because it would only be unfair to the dog and my family. 

Flat face & short haired dogs. With all the breathing difficulties I read about in "flat nosed" dogs, it scares me. I'm also all about the nose, ears, and beautiful coat!

I also could never own a dog over 45lbs. I don't see anything "domestic/pet" about an animal over 45lbs. Pets to me are manageable companions; something I could never find in a large breed for myself. My lifestyle would also not be fair to a large breed, so they would probably dislike me as well! haha!

I also almost "disapprove" of a dog under 3lbs. The thought of a 3 pound dog being pregnant and having a natural birth scares me; because that's just simply it, it isn't natural. Hopefully the "teacup" craze can stop! Just as someone else has all ready posted "if you want a dog that can fit in your pocket then go buy a rat."

Toy/Small dogs fit my life style. I love travel buddies & cuddle bugs. After a long day at work there is nothing better than watching TV, sipping on wine, and my Pom sleeping in my lap. I also love how much she enjoys traveling everywhere with me; true sidekick!

• Gold Top Dog

I haven't had totally horrible memories with any animals, but there are a few I certainly wouldn't want myself. Jack Russell Terriers, I was never a terrier person in the first place, and small dogs aren't my cup of tea... While volunteering at the animal shelter one day, they had a JRT. Man, this thing was out there. It bit and growled and attacked you. Cute things, but I'm terrified of them. Terriers are probably the most adorable things ever, however, their personality... another terrier quirk, one of my neighbors has Boston Terriers. Hyper little things! I'm for mellower dogs, like Golden Retrievers (easy to say, I own one) and dogs that don't cause trouble. Retrievers are lovely.

I don't like hyper dogs such as the border collie, they're too hardcore for me. Any small dogs that are hyper, particularly Poms, also don't suit me. Anything that spazzes.  

Akitas, my neighbor who I dislike extremely (long story) has one, dog aggressive, not trained, etc. I don't really blame the dog, the owners' a wack job.

And cocker spaniels, too prone to submissive peeing.. one peed on me...

And dogs that drool. It's the most disgusting habit. I won't pin it on a breed, but I find it common in labs (did I say I love retrievers? Okay, maybe not ALL) and mastiffs. My dogs lab friend always has a string of drool wrapped around it's muzzle.

• Gold Top Dog

K.J.

I haven't had totally horrible memories with any animals, but there are a few I certainly wouldn't want myself. Jack Russell Terriers, I was never a terrier person in the first place, and small dogs aren't my cup of tea... While volunteering at the animal shelter one day, they had a JRT. Man, this thing was out there. It bit and growled and attacked you. Cute things, but I'm terrified of them. Terriers are probably the most adorable things ever, however, their personality... another terrier quirk, one of my neighbors has Boston Terriers. Hyper little things! I'm for mellower dogs, like Golden Retrievers (easy to say, I own one) and dogs that don't cause trouble. Retrievers are lovely.

I don't like hyper dogs such as the border collie, they're too hardcore for me. Any small dogs that are hyper, particularly Poms, also don't suit me. Anything that spazzes.  

Akitas, my neighbor who I dislike extremely (long story) has one, dog aggressive, not trained, etc. I don't really blame the dog, the owners' a wack job.

And cocker spaniels, too prone to submissive peeing.. one peed on me...

And dogs that drool. It's the most disgusting habit. I won't pin it on a breed, but I find it common in labs 

Really?  My lab doesn't drool at all--I've actually never met a drooly lab..... 

• Gold Top Dog

Really?  My lab doesn't drool at all--I've actually never met a drooly lab.....

I'm not saying most labs drool, but I have seen a few (mainly younger ones) that can have excited drool.  

• Puppy

I personally am not fond of very small dogs like chihuahuas and silky terriers, have had annoying experiences with both!

• Gold Top Dog

Sarah_Pyper
    Also even though I have positive experience with pit bulls I WOULD NEVER own one......as now I am a parent and I must think of my babies 1st.... if I can't trust my dog with my babies then I wont have it

Really?  Because I would trust my pit bull with a child over my parent's cocker spaniel....

Dogs are dogs...you can't trust any of them with children, especially unsupervised.

• Gold Top Dog

Dogs with Ice blue eyes   brrrrr they just don't do it for me. I love the warm amber and deep chocolate browns of my RRs. Many of the Mushing types seem to come up with that almost flat stare. unfortunate as they are really pretty otherwise.

Bonita of Bwana