My Aussie "mix" all grown up! Final verdict?

• Silver
    I think there's likely some border collie in her, too. Her head seems less blocky and the profile picture seems to show she's not as heavy boned and broad as an Aussie.

Now, I have seen one Aussie with pricked ears, but in this cutie's case, the pricked ear picture looks BC to me, too.
    • Puppy
    I do see border collie in her but she could be just a poorly bred aussie.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Here's a purebred BC at a recent dog show that has sort of the same pattern.  This BC's ears did stand up like your dog's (my pics from the front aren't uploaded).  I LOVE this color pattern and the ears that are standing up.  This BC also had a black patch on one eye and it was sooooo cute!!  Aussie, BC, or mix.....still both stunning dogs, IMO.

• Gold Top Dog
    ORIGINAL: 2CrazyAussies

Yes, I thought her head wasn't as broad and square as Aussies tend to be.  She's got a pointier nose, too.  She's on the small side for either breed.  She's only 35 lbs and is finer boned.

She's definitely got the BC stalk & stare, she crouches and stares down her buddy Tucker all the time.  Then she'll lay down really still in the tall grass glaring at him, and then charge and tackle him.

There are some smaller, finer boned Aussies out there. Dizzy was only 38 pounds for the longest time. She'd flucuate between that and 42 in the winter. She just recently filled out and she's 4, gonna be 5 in November. Aussies have the stalk and stare too,  I haven't seen it in Dizzy, but in working Aussies. Rio on the other hand, loves to watch Dizzy run ahead at the dog park and he'll stalk her, crouch down and stare at her and when she comes close he'll pounce.

Either way, she's got Aussie in her. I'd say both your dogs are Aussie/Boder Collie with a little something else in your male.

Liesje, that blue Border you took pictures of is pretty. What show was this at?

Shiva