"Large" daschunds-Still exist?

• Gold Top Dog
    Funny, I never thought of English as a foreign language until I went on there.

i guess i forgot to mention that lol sorry
    there are some Americans in there, but i believe a lot of these guys are from Down under or the UK/Scotland/Ireland.. and yeah, not only do they speak English English, but they are fluent in pottymouth too [;)] i thought i had heard everything living with a marine for a dad, and a mechanic for a husband, but these people raised my eyebrows quite a few times [:-]

and yeah i think to get a working doxie you'll either have to import, adopt one from a shelter and hope for good luck and instincts to come through, or find a breeder like Harleygirl mentioned, someone who does earth dog events.
    thats a shame that breeders of working dogs dont want to sell to someone who actually wants to use the dog for work.... that's a disservice to the breed in my opinion. they dont care if it can do a job.. just as long as it LOOKS like it can [8|]
    • Puppy
    Hi...
    I'm not sure what state you live in or where you are looking to get a standard dachshund from BUT....
    Yes they do exist. One friend of mine has 3 standards weighing from 29 to 38 trim pounds.
    You mentioned that you could only find people working with "TECKELS"... Both Teckel and Deckel are german for Dachshund, so they are one in the same.
    The home made tunnels are for "Earthdog Field Trails" and dachshunds love it!
    Good luck in your search.
    • Gold Top Dog

Oh yes, they still exist. My daughter has one and I watch it two and a half times a week,plus her dal and our dal our lab and our doxie. That's not counting the two grandchildren!  What a zoo  He's quite a hefty guy too,it's like carring around a little elephant.BeerI Ineed one of these when I'm done.for the day.

• Gold Top Dog

They do still exisit but they seem to be harder to find. It is kind of sad how nowadays people are breeding to make dogs smaller and smaller. I always get worried about health problems arising from all this. Besides, is it just me or does it seem like now it's considered 'fashionable' to carry around a tiny dog? Sad.