Hey GSD people!

• Gold Top Dog
    Drachefeld is a good kennel from what I hear :-)  Kord is a lovely looking boy ^_^

I guess if I do get a GSD, I'd prefer one with a little lower drive.

And you can certainly get that.  Including in a working line litter :-)

I don't want to have to stay on top of it all the time about not chasing my cats

And that's certainly obnoxious enough.  Again, I'll say it's all about awareness.  When Strauss and Kaia (the Siamese) are in the same room together, I am always aware of them both, however, I am not concerned when Kai is just sitting around.  Strauss won't bother her then.  It's when she's up and mobile that he can get too interested.

Honestly, when he was younger, just her walking BY would get him going, but part of that was immaturity.  He's well over that now, but he does watch her walk past, and she doesn't help matters by walking right up to him and nuzzling under his big head xD

Strauss doesn't bother Kida (my other cat) because she actually fights back, lol.  She'll stand on her hind legs and batter him in the head with her front feet (she's declawed, but Mouse still takes her quite seriously).  She can zip anywhere she wants to and all Strauss does is stare with this look that says ".....totally not worth it." *FOCL*

• Gold Top Dog
    Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread...honestly, what a great read!

Although I'm owned by a fabulous female GSD (imported, West German bloodlines, combination of working and show lines) there's not too much for me to add here...but I am thoroughly enjoying the wealth of knowledge and info being shared.  Awesome. [:)]
    • Silver
    ORIGINAL: TAOofGoldyShep

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread...honestly, what a great read!

Although I'm owned by a fabulous female GSD (imported, West German bloodlines, combination of working and show lines) there's not too much for me to add here...but I am thoroughly enjoying the wealth of knowledge and info being shared.  Awesome. [:)]

It has been a good thread!  I've learned alot of things about GSDs that I did not know!  These guys have inspired me to learn more.  I'm on the hunt for a good book on GSDs and more information.

I have especially enjoyed everyone's GSD pictures.  All of them are beautiful but I think I have a soft spot for Kord.  What a pretty boy!  Love his coloring!  Maybe one day I'll have a GSD picture of my own to share.