What mix is a "Rockwilder"?

• Gold Top Dog
    Its like the people who always ask me "Is she a Lassie Dog?" (pointing to Liz) and I tell them "She's a Rough Collie" to which im responded to by "What is that?" Then they go "Is she the big version or miniature version?" LOL

I had one person on another forum argue to the death with me because I called his/her Sheltie a Shetland Sheepdog and he/she unpolitely responded NO hes a SHELTIE not a Shetland Sheepdog

You sure its your dog buddy?
    • Gold Top Dog
    Yeah.  When I go to stores people ask me "Is that one of them Toto dogs?"  and I'm like, "Uh, yeah..." 

It bothers me when people only know a certain breed because of a canine celebrity.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Mine hads been call "the dog from that movie"  Not that I really know what Gizzy really is but I'll often have people aske me if she's the same kind of dog as the one in "that movie"  and I'll ask what movie and I get no aswer.  There is a dog in a Jim Carrie move "bruce almighty" that has a dog that looks like mine.  Someone ever said she looks like the one from little rascles, which is funny because the dog from little rasculs is a bully breed of some sort, no where close to what mine is.  I guess just her marking makes people think they reconize her from somewhere.

Here is the dog "buster" From the movie "Bruce Almighty" I guess he kinda looks like mine.

Umm... NOPE!

• Gold Top Dog
    Don't forget Malmutts. And $hitsu (instead of she tsu, phonetically) for Shih Tzu.

Almost forgot, "pit bull" which is a slang name and not the actual name of the breed.
    • Gold Top Dog
    ORIGINAL: ron2

Almost forgot, "pit bull" which is a slang name and not the actual name of the breed.

Even better are the purebred Red Noses. 
    • Puppy
    I have had people call my Pekingese 'Pickin' Ease'.  Sounds like a dog w/ an unfortunate skin disorder.  And lately all the pug mixes are driving me nuts. Puggywuggydallywompers and such.  People lay out hundreds of bucks for these "designer dogs". 
    • Gold Top Dog
    Seems there are tons of mispronounciations for breeds. The one that bugs me the most is "Duck Trolling Retriever"...it's not a huge deal, I guess, but it's Toll not Troll. Some people can't seem to get that through their heads.
    • Gold Top Dog
    I get it all the time even though they just heard me say the dang word.  It is Shiba Inu short u, then they say back ohh a Shiba InU, like in you.  Just shounds sick that way.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Let us not forget the: German Shepard, German Sheperd, German Shephard, German Sheppard, German Shepperd, and of course, my personal favorite "Is that a cop dog?!"[8|]

• Gold Top Dog
    Just read this thread today and got a kick out of it! My next door neighbor used to have two "Shelbys" ( Shetland Sheepdogs), and then to make matters worse, he saw a special on PBS about Australian sheep stations, and he said they were herding with smooth coated "Shelbys"(Kelpies). No amount of argueing would convince him they were not the same breed. I laugh, but it really can get scary!
    • Silver
    I have a shar pei mix of some sort but my six year old cousin calls her a "sharpie" like the marker.  I thought that was pretty cute mix up[:D]
    • Gold Top Dog
    when I call a dog a "pit bull" I'm usually referring to an American Pit Bull Terrier.
    When there is a dog that is mixed with an APBT, I will often refer to it as a pit bull.

Pit bulls are such a wide "variety" now, and due to the huge BSL concerns, Amstaffs, APBTs, Bull terriers, staffordshire bull terriers, and even most bull dogs are considered "pit bulls" because BSL attacks THEM ALL.
    The difference between an amstaff and an APBT is SO controversial because 50% say there isn't a difference as far as actual breed is concerned, and 50% say there IS a difference.
    I am one that believes there IS a difference, now anyways. Maybe not "originally" but NOW there is, to me.

But, see, I own a "pit bull" and half the time I just call her a "bully".
    I have rights, MAN![:D]