What breed would be best for us

• Bronze
    tina, i wouldn't be so quick to judge the feist based on "consistency". like the feist, the border collie should only be bred for it's herding ability. it is the thing that defines the border collie, not some breed standard dreamed up by the akc. working b.c's come in all shapes and sizes, all coats and colors, ears up, down or one of each. they are what they do! breeding practices that deviate from this ideal will destroy the bred. that rant said, if a fiest is defined by it's hunting skill, then so be it.
    • Gold Top Dog

rufftie
    i wouldn't be so quick to judge the feist based on "consistency". like the feist, the border collie should only be bred for it's herding ability. it is the thing that defines the border collie, not some breed standard dreamed up by the akc. working b.c's come in all shapes and sizes, all coats and colors, ears up, down or one of each. they are what they do! breeding practices that deviate from this ideal will destroy the bred. that rant said, if a fiest is defined by it's hunting skill, then so be it.

While I hate to get this thread off topic I want to lend my support to this statement.The AKC is often at odds with working breed clubs who favor consistency in ability over consistency in looks.My Aussie from working lines does not look like a bench bred Aussie but I'd bet she'd do a much better job bringing up the sheep Wink I don't put any stock in AKC registration when it comes to a dog bred for hunting or herding.Either way I don't think a high drive working breed is quite what the OP had in mind when she said she was missing the energy her lab mix brought to the house.

Tena

• Gold Top Dog
    My real point had little to do with AKC standards and more to do with the link to a site offering a "hybrid" dog.
    • Puppy

Which kind of breed we should prefer for our dog is depends on our purpose so first you have to be very clear about that because every breed of dog is for different purpose like if you want a dog for your security then you can choose pit bull, but if you want a dog for just because you want a cute pet then you can choose a pug or pomerian as well.

• Gold Top Dog

michel123
    like if you want a dog for your security then you can choose pit bull

Really?  You should do some research on the breed before you suggest a pit bull for security. 

• Gold Top Dog

Liesje
    My friends have two Corgis, the ones with tails (they say these are very different from the ones without).

LOL corgis come in 2 varieties, Cardigan and Pembroke.   The Pembroke's tail is "broke."  Of course, a Cardigan owner told me this, and while I beg pardon of ALL corgis, it works, I can remember it this way!  Ha ha haaa