But we still Love them!

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

But we still Love them!

Today my baby knew she was in trouble. For the first time in her 9 months of life (thankfully) I came home to quite a mess! I walked through the door to Harley Quinn's  slobbery kisses and while dust all over, here she had dug through part of my wall! Thankfully, I had come home in the early stages of this little "project" of hers! Oi! Anyone else have have stories from the "Puppy years?" 

A freshly bathed Harley Quinn after the "incident" today.  I think she is still wondering why I wasn't happy with her redecorating! 

• Gold Top Dog

LOL!  She looks completely innocent. :)  My three adult dogs completely unstuffed a new dog bed a while back.  I was in the same room sitting at the computer.  Silent and efficient.  They left not one bit of stuffing in that bed.  All I could do was laugh.

• Gold Top Dog

After a couple years of crating our dog when we left the house, she suddenly turned into Houdini and got out of it several times in a row.  So, we figured she was telling us she was ready to have freedom.  

All went very well for about 3 weeks or so -- we closed all the doors so she had access only to the kitchen and great room.  But, I totally forgot about a few teddy bears we had sitting on a landing upstairs.  One day I came home to find teddy bears in various states of disarray.  One was entirely de-stuffed, a couple had their eyes pulled off (luckily we found them all, un-swallowed!), and one was lying nicely in her dog bed.  Like Jackie, I couldn't help but laugh at the mess, but even with my happy voice, she knew she did something wrong because she started hanging her head and crawling on her belly.

Silly dogs . . . I wish we could be that easily amused!

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Thank you Jackieg and Tacran for making me feel a little bit better! She also has an affinity to stuffed animals, we cannot let her play with anything that isn't "indestructible" or it will be gone in a matter of minutes!  And I agree with you @TACRAN , I wish I was that easily amused!

• Gold Top Dog

I buy my dogs cheap stuffed toys and let them rip them apart.  When I found out my JRT had terminal cancer, I decided to buy him tons of stuffies and gave him one every single day to destroy.  :)  I can't think of any reason not to indulge them now and then.