For those who have asked about Maureen (mrstjohnson)

• Gold Top Dog

For those who have asked about Maureen (mrstjohnson)

For those who were asking about my co-worker Maureen. This blog has a lovely picture of her and her youngest son. It's a donation site, but it is the only "public" site that I felt comportable posting without permission of the family. For moderator's sake - I am not asking for donations for her family at all, just providing information. http://www.gofundme.com/For-Maureen-Terrien
    • Gold Top Dog

Oh, what a beautiful woman!  It's a lovely photo, but heartbreaking, too.  I'm not sure what makes me sadder:  to think of baby Lucas not getting to know his mother and not having any memory of her, or her other two boys having to be so aware of her loss and having to deal with the pain of missing her.  I hope the boys and Maureen's husband are entirely surrounded by family and friends to support them, even though there's little anyone can do to reduce their grief.  So, so sad.

I remembered she had a young baby, but somehow I forgot the detail that she was diagnosed DURING her pregnancy and he was a preemie. I can't imagine how they all got through the past several months.  Honestly, I don't understand why some families have to experience such terrible things.  It reminds me of the family Cathy knows who lost a child and suffered so many devastating injuries in that auto accident.  I don't know why things like these happen to such nice families, yet violent criminals and truly evil people are spared such tragedies, seeming to live forever.

Again, sending comforting vibes to you and your coworkers, Lisa -- and keeping Maureen's family and in my thoughts and in my heart.