For Muffy & Muffy's parents -- (heart-stopping! posted for them by Callie)

• Gold Top Dog

For Muffy & Muffy's parents -- (heart-stopping! posted for them by Callie)

I've edited this to keep it as non-graphic as possible so be warned!  I have honestly NEVER heard of anything happening like this -- I'm glad they are close to a huge **good** vet hospital. 

Muffy is one of the IMHA dogs, and her 'parents' (MuffysParents) Rene & Teri have been absolutely INCREDIBLE in their care.  Muffy's a shih tzu, and IMHA seems even more difficult for the small dogs but she responded well.  Then there was a lingering internal infection & potential spleenic problem -- she's at a big vet hospital in LA (they've been fabulous!) and the decision was made a month ago that it was life-threatening enough they'd have to remove her uterine stump (old spay) and spleen (occasionally done in IMHA).  She'd apparently healed well from the surgery -- **remember this is a dog being treated for a HUGE immune-mediated problem -- taking cyclosporine, prednisone and on boodles of meds**.

These folks are really cautious -- they constantly amaze me -- and once again, their quick thinking & action saved her life.

This morning Muffy's incision OPENED.  If you want to read the post it's at the bottom of this page -- it's pretty graphic (NO pictures or anything - but just the thot of this is .... huge --  so WARNING):  http://community.dog.com/forums/p/90432/975664.aspx#975664

This was a FULL MONTH after the surgery.  Incision had seemingly healed fine but apparently the immune-suppression drugs prevented internal healing. 

Honestly I can't even imagine how horrible this was.  They got her back to the ER and the surgery to repair this was successful.  My heart just breaks for them -- their care of this little gal has been incredible.  She is so loved, and they have done absolutely everything their vets have suggested.  They absolutley ROCK as owner/guardians go. 

Rene has asked for prayer but he left that request on the IMHA page, so I just had to post it here to support them. 

And light a candle please (Rene has said over and over how much they have appreciated the Candles page)

Candles Page

Your support would be great.  I'll send Rene the link to this, but he stays pretty close to the IMHA thread.   Wow -- I can't even imagine (and I'm pretty good with medical stuff but ... wow).

• Gold Top Dog

Candle lit, prayers from RI.  I don't do well with blood etc. I was getting ill just reading about this.  Poor Muffy.  Prayers from RI.  Hugs to her pawrents.

• Gold Top Dog

Candle Lit!!!  Keeping you in my prayers and sending the very best vibes.

• Gold Top Dog

Candle lit; praying that the incision heals well without complications. Sending ((( hugs ))) for Muffy's parents.

• Gold Top Dog

Rene posted on the IMHA thread.  Muffy lost her battle last night.  Her heart gave out.  Just too much trauma.    I weep for all these dogs and all their owners when we lose one, but this grieves my heart so much because it was such an unseen complication. 

• Gold Top Dog

Oh no...I am so sorry.   My heart goes out to her family.  Run free Muffy.

• Gold Top Dog
    I'm just now seeing this and was so sad to read today's news. I will say a prayer for Muffy's family. I can't imagine how devastated they must feel.
    • Gold Top Dog
    I'm so so sorry this happened to Muffy. I hope they realize what great dog parents they were to her up to the very end. She was very loved.