Prayers for Jetta please

• Gold Top Dog

Poor Jetta! We'll be sending good vibes and gentle Rupey nuzzles.

• Gold Top Dog

You don't have an iron problem with IMT usually.  BUT you want to watch the thinness or thickness of the blood.  In fact, one of the things to have the vets keep a HUGE eye on is how thick the blood is.  You don't probably want to thin it since the platelets are low -- but keeping the blood "Moving" is a big deal.  That's not something regular vets will watch -- but trust me.  With these diseases where they are on these drugs for a long time?  It can happen that suddenly you've gone from no platelets to too many

Treats --

give this some thot -- make them count. (and if you look thru the long thread you'll find my training suggestions to teach her how to "chew GOOD!" so she actually benefits from raw veggies used as a treat).

But as treats you can do stuff like:

Make heart or liver treats -- Saute *lightly* in a pan with Olive Oil Pam.  (Just til the liver is 'set' or the heart is browned on the outside) -- let cool totally.  Then cut meat into wee tiny pieces -- bake in a low over (about 200 degrees) for 90 minutes.  Turn them a couple of times.  Then store in an air-tight container.  Yummy and good for them.

Slice baby carrots really thin -- you can give tons of them.

Summer fruits rock -- cantalope, honey dew, seedless watermelon -- they're all great for dogs.  Cold, crisp and fun.

Take a bit of fruity yogurt (NO artificial sweetner ok?) and mix with water.  Freeze into ice cubes.  Great treat for a hot day for anybuddy.

Mine love raw sweet potato.  Yum!!  It crunches GOOD mom!! (you con't have to peel -- just chop them up in bite sized pieces and keep in an airtight container.

• Gold Top Dog

Prayers are with you and Jetta from Miss Ava and me!  Hugs

• Gold Top Dog

Sounds like you've got a good plan--glad you're already familiar with the vet school! Lots of good vibes for you and Jetta.

• Gold Top Dog

Sending healing prayers for Jetta and ((( hugs))) for you. It's heartbreaking when they're going through something like this, but it sounds like you have a great vet taking care of her. Kudos to you for catching it early.

• Gold Top Dog

Hi! 

Willow had IMT so feel free to message me if you need any help.  Jetta and you are in my thoughts!

• Gold Top Dog

Thanks for the support/help/advice everyone!

Jetta's platelet count is back within the normal range! Party!!!  The vet said she looks great and is recovering nicely. All the bruises are completely gone.  She will remain on pred for another week at full strength, and then I can taper her off from there.

• Gold Top Dog

That's great!!! I hope she continues to recover well.

• Gold Top Dog

What a great update! More prayers and good vibes for her continued recovery.

• Gold Top Dog

That's great! Keep it up, lil lady!

• Gold Top Dog
    This is another of those cases where pred works **fast** and saves lives.  Once you start the wean-off & get her back down to a less injurous dose, then you're literally re-training the body so the slower the better.  That's great that she's responded SO well!! RAH!!!!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Great news!  Continued good thoughts and vibes for Jetta's full recovery. 
    • Gold Top Dog

I'm very happy to see Jetta is improving.Good thoughts for her continued recovery.

Tena

• Gold Top Dog

Just checking on Jetta!