"And the Award Goes to..." [Dog Tricks]

• Gold Top Dog

I almost forgot Maxine can roll over. 

• Gold Top Dog

Maxs Mom
    Belle has a leave it trick where I can put a treat on each paw and she won't touch them until instructed too. I tried her nose but I can't balance it.

Ooo I forgot about that.  He can do this too (on his nose).  When I say "catch" he is SUPPOSED to flick it up and catch and eat it, but just as often he looks down and it falls off and he snaffles it!  Smile

• Gold Top Dog

I can ask Shadow to get the kong and he will go to where he last left it. If he does forget, I can point in a general direction and he will look where I point. Int the house, if I say retrieve, he would retrieve it to the computer chair (my fault).

He's used to the neighbor's cats in their backyard. Yesterday, a black cat was walking around the other side of the neighbor's house (their front) and he barked to the neighbor dogs. They, in turn, instead of going to the four corners spot where our fences meet went to positions to where they could see the direction of where the cat should be. That is, his barking conveyed directional or coordinate information and the dogs understood and assumed positions for their best vantage point.

He understands the difference between English, Spanish, and German. When I get home, I normally say, if he's out in the yard, "Is that my big boy?" He will then run to the back door. One time I said, "Esso mi Pero grande?" He tilted his head. Another time, I asked, "Ist das mein Grosse Hund?" He sat there and smiled and wait for the English.

When he wants to train for treats, he will get something, nowadays, one of his toys and throw it at my feet or put it in my lap.

• Gold Top Dog

Benedict

My dog will bring me a kleenex from the other end of the house the moment he hears me sneeze.   

Sioux could keep your dog very busy - she sneezes on command !!! Big Smile 

• Gold Top Dog

Emma has a few tricks, but nothing too original. She can speak, roll over, sit up, "wait" with treats balanced on her paws, hop into my arms (formal recall style, or from just about anywhere, LOL), and jump through a hoop. Her "original" trick is a retrieve. The cue is my cell phone ringing. She "answers" the phone, which is pretty cute (though not that hard if you're bored and have a clicker). She can also open a crate, from the inside or outside. I try not to encourage that, though, LOL. I had to go buy new crates when she figured that out, so I could put those mountain climbing clips on them. She and Teenie did NOT get along! 

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Google "Cap Haggerty dog tricks" and you will find several books that Captain (Arthur) Haggerty wrote as instructions for tricks.  He's the one who brought us all "Stupid Pet Tricks" on the Tonight Show.  What a man, author, and trainer!!! 

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

houndlove
    'm seriously thinking of training Marlowe to be the Poop Detective in the yard so I can scoop it all up and not miss any.

Bugsy helps me with poop - after our walk everyday I say come on lets go do poops and he finds them for me.  Next I want him to scoop them up or do like he used to and only go in one place Wink

Hadn't seen you on here in a while glad to see you posting