Great Pyrenees behaving very badly!!!!!!!

• Gold Top Dog
    Well, if she isn't going to do anything differently then nothing will change. The problem is that Pyrs are very big, powerful dogs and he's going to end up biting her when she oversteps her bounds as a submissive pack member by correcting him. [&o]

I don't recommend doing anything like grabbing the Pyr by the collar unless you want to be bitten. Also a NILF program is definitely the best solution, but it's not going to work unless everyone is consistent. Your mom will be sabotaging all your efforts. My best advice is to move out ASAP! In the meantime keep all toys and bones picked up and feed the dogs separately.
    • Gold Top Dog
    From what I read your Mom has a Staffy and a Pyr, you have an Aussie and a GS mix - is that right? It sounds like quite the pack! Regardless of who owns who, I think for the sake of all the dogs that this pack needs to be better managed. Simply saying this is "her problem" is IMO burying your head in the sand. As long as your dogs remain in this house - it is your problem too. The behaviour of your Mom's dogs is going to have an affect on yours. They do not see themselves apart from the other dogs and will adopt their own behaviours to co-exist within the pack. If you are unable to move and your Mom is unwilling to train, then I guess it is up to you manage your dogs enviornment, which for the time being includes the Pyr!

• Gold Top Dog
    It is my mom's problem, but I didn't say I wouldn't do anything. I said until I can move I'll do what I can, but I'm not going to get very far like Luvntzus said since my mom's not going to do anything.

Though I can guarantee you if she smacks my dog because of her stupidity in not doing what she needs to do to get her to not jump on her, I'm going to be very ticked. She comes through the door and my Aussie jumps on her, she rarely jumps on me that way unless she gets very excited. That I attribute to my mom greeting the dogs when she first comes in. When I come home I make whoever is loose go outside then let whoever is in their pens out and make them go outside. Then, after I let them in I pet them. Not while they're demanding it first thing.