Dog food that smells and tastes like cat food....(kibble)

• Gold Top Dog

we plan to not give him anything at all until he gets back to eating only his stuff...we have petco and petsmart and delchester feed and tobins feed store.its just deciding hmmm which one should i get that he smells it and decides this is good........and eats it......he is about 35lbs now, he is a good weight now, before the vet suggested he eat more....i give him about a cupor cup and a half, the good foods you dont need to give them as much as lower end stuff, their body uses more of it....for a few months now he has been on that fresh pet/vital food and when he did eat it it was measured as i cut it up, but lately past cpl wks he hasnt been eating much of it , now there is nothing left and so ill get something and hope he likes it... i got him from GRAPE, its a golden retriever rescue in springfield PA....funny, they had no goldens at all but got some mixed breeds and he was one of them...they charged a lot for him too, and not sure why, he had everything done to him and for him down south at the shelter he came from.. was told it wasnt costly to have them shipped up here and then go right to foster home, where she fed him ALPO and MIGHTY DOG, then switched him to wellness puppy...and i guess he wasnt assertive enough then and the other dogs ate it.. he had strange behaviors when it was time to eat...slowly walk up to his bowl and sort of lean in to it, im sure because other dogs all over him and taking his food....he is better now, but still has his cautious moments.....

• Gold Top Dog
    I strongly suggest that you go back and re-read what Jackie said.
    • Gold Top Dog

Maze went a full week before finally caving and ate what I gave her. Now she eats what's put in front of her cuz she knows something better is coming. But if they don't eat their dinner, they get no treats at human dinner.