Smoked Oysters

• Gold Top Dog

Smoked Oysters

Every now and then I eat smoked oysters and, guess what, my dogs - who won't eat fish oil - love them!!!!!! I'm assuming they are good for my girls as they are high in protein and are packed in cottonseed oil. Any thoughts on this????
    • Gold Top Dog
    i used to HATE raw oyster when i was younger...even threw up a few times on 'em....but now i LOVE 'em.... it's a natural aphrodisiac (sp?) you know? lol

if it's healthy for you, it should be healthy enough for you pooch
    • Gold Top Dog

ORIGINAL: CoCo Chanel

if it's healthy for you, it should be healthy enough for you pooch

Sorry, but that's not true. Dark (70% cocoa solids) chocolate is healthy for people, but lethal to dogs.

Not sure about the oysters, but I know my dog loves anything and everything that comes from the sea.
    • Gold Top Dog
    I just looked up the nutritional info on canned oysters - one ounce has 147 mg omega 3 and only 13 mg omega 6, so it looks like they're a pretty good substitute for fish oils/fish. On the other hand, they are VERY high in zinc - that same ounce has 25 mg of zinc! So, I would be careful not to give too much.  I'm not sure how much zinc is too much, but I know excess amounts are toxic.
    • Gold Top Dog
    I found this link on zinc... it discusses dietary zinc further down in the article.

[linkhttp://www.vet.uga.edu/VPP/clerk/Hardy/]http://www.vet.uga.edu/VPP/clerk/Hardy/[/link]
    • Gold Top Dog
    YUCKY!   OYSTERS.  I love shrimp, fried clams, deviled crabs, but keep the oysters out of sight.  Every year they have the the Shrimpo-ree in Aransas pass  just 5 miles on around the bay, and the Oyster Fest in Rockport which is about 8 miles on past Aransas pass.  Now way will i ever go to the OF.

But I bet dogs would like those nasty slimey things!  Never thought about feeding any to dogs, and heck, i can go get them during season where i fish....for free
    • Gold Top Dog
    I say go for it Sandra - anything stinky dogs seem to love!! And if you can get them for free - that's great!!!!
    • Gold Top Dog
    What is a deviled crab?

I've never had the nerve to try oysters..but I did try scallops for the first time last night. They were ok.
    • Bronze

Experience the best vape juice in San Antonio with our extensive collection of flavors. From refreshing fruit blends to rich dessert tastes, our vape juices are crafted to perfection. Discover why our Vape Juice in San Antonio is the top choice for vapers. Shop now and enjoy a premium vaping experience.