anyone tried these two brands? (holistic recipe and vitality)

• Bronze

anyone tried these two brands? (holistic recipe and vitality)

i recently got small sample packs of 'HOLISTIC RECIPE for puppy/active pregnant-lactating lamb meal and rice contains green tea' and 'VITALITY lamb and beef' brands
    i was just wondering if anyone here has tried these brands and if they are any good?

• Gold Top Dog
    Green tea? Caffiene is TOXIC to dogs.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Green tea? In dog food? I'm sorry but I really don't think that would be very good for a dog. I have a cup before work sometimes instead of coffee and i'm wide awake. I could just imagine what it would do to a dog.
    I'm no expert on food but I've noticed that a lot of these "holistic" and "gourmet" brands just throw anything into a food that may have some benifits to humans but not for animals. I'm sure it is a good food but some of the ingredents on the labels seem kind of odd to me.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Gee, Iv'e never heard of that.
    • Bronze
    i emailed holistic recipe yesterday and just got a reply from them... i made a comment about their dog food containing green tea

"i just recently got sample packs of holistic recipe, it's nice. i like it. my dogs seem to like it... but i'm afraid of buying a bigger pack or maybe even a sack after finding out that green tea contains caffeine and anything with caffeine in it can be toxic to dogs. some websites say green tea is good for dogs coz it prevents cancer while some say green tea is deadly to them... i hope you guys knew about this before you put green tea as one of the main ingredients in your dogfood."

this is their reply to my comment.

[font=arial][color=navy][size=1]Thank you very much for your interest in Holistic Recipe Pet Foods!

As you may have already noticed, the concept of holistic pet foods has become a trend in the States recently. One of the most important characters of gholistich is to use natural anti-oxidative plants.  That is the reason why many US pet foods and supplements with the gholistich concept choose to use green tea, as one of the natural anti-oxidation, in the ingredients.

With a proper level of green tea in the pet products, the benefit of anti-oxidative function of Catechins is assured and the possible negative effect of caffeine avoid. Itfs actually not a problem at all since the level of catechins is much higher than caffeine in tea. As a result, green tea is now a very common ingredient used in pet food and supplement worldwide.

Holistic Recipe is one of the best Lamb & Rice formulas for dogs. It contains lamb as the only animal protein source and excludes the possible allergens for dogs, such as beef, egg, fish, wheat, corncetc. Besides, itfs naturally preserved with vitamin E & C, not to mention the anit-free-radicals function from green tea.

We hope your dog enjoys Holistic Recipe pet foods just like many other dogs do.  Again, thank you for your comment regarding Holistic Recipe pet food!  Your comment is valuable to us and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions![/size][/color][/font]

• Gold Top Dog
    Blueberries are a much better antioxidant source and not a bit toxic. And yummy too. [:D]

I'd be hesitant to trust a feed producer ranging out into new territory - but unable to write coherant English - unless they were located overseas. And even then I'd hesitate - US companies are in general far ahead in animal safety research.
    • Puppy

herbal tea? Canine food? Sorry, but I don't believe that would be beneficial for a dog. Sometimes I substitute a cup for coffee before going to work, and I feel much more aware. What it would do to a dog, I could only imagine.  https://geometry-dash.io/

• Puppy

Although not considered ideal, it's probably safe to mix 2 different dry dog foods together… so long as you first verify that both products are designed for the same stage of life and breed size. https://dinosaur-game.io

• Puppy

Consider well-established and reputable brands among us with readily available ingredient lists and nutritional information.