Layla's Lethargic 2 1/2 weeks after spay???

[$provider]
    • Bronze
    Thank you, that is exactly how I feel, that I have called so much that now they are basically thinking everytime I call it is not a big deal. They do have her come back in and they check her out and stuff, but my concern is that they may respond slowly to something that is serious because they think I'm just overreacting. And whether I am or not doesn't matter, I feel like they should respond the right way no matter what. I pay so much to them and I shouldn't get blown off, I really like the vet, but unfortunately I think the relationship may be ruined at this point, and I am taking her to a new vet. What makes it harder is that the vet has convinced my husband that I worry too much so now I'm fighting him as well. But layla is my child and she can't say what is wrong so I will make sure I take care of her. I know I can't get answers on here but it is nice to bounce ideas off other people that may know a little more than me! She has perked up now and wants to play with her toys and run, but for some reason I feel like maybe the antibiotics are the reason for that so I am going to the new vet to get bloodwork done, plus I think she has acid reflux problems. She kinda throws up in her mouth and looks like it tastes bad, kind of like a tiny gag like I do when I have acid in my throat. In the back of my mind I feel like my vet may have caused a problem, I don't know what but thats just how I feel, maybe the infection could have been prevented or maybe they did something wrong, I don't know but as long as I feel that way, I want to see a different vet, so I can get an honest answer. As for going to Banfield, never again.Thats where I went when I was concerned about the bleeding from her vulva after the spay(which was completely normal because she was in heat I was just concerned because I didn't know how long she could bleed from there, and wanted to make sure it wasn't a vag infection) The vet without doing anything but a temperature(which was normal) wanted to open her back up and brought me an estimate for almost $2000!! When I asked why she wanted to do that, she said she was a belt and suspenders type of person (i don't know what that means), then I said couldn't we do bloodwork and a vaginal smear first to see if she has an infection? She said yea but even if the tests are ok I would still want to do this because she shouldn't be bleeding from there unless she is bleeding internally(even though the blood was brownishred and obviously old blood). I was shocked, and so confused, then my husband told me that while I was in the bathroom he told them that price was not an issue, we would pay whatever to get her healthy again!!! She was either the most ignorant vet in the world, or was trying to scare me into thinking my dog was bleeding internally to get money, either way I left and will never go back. But we have about 25 vets here and I guess I will keep going until I find a good one! Thank you so much for backing me up on this, it makes me feel more sure of myself when other dog parents are the same way! I will let you guys know how it goes!
    • Gold Top Dog

Just noting that antibiotics won't mask symptoms..if she's showing improved behavior, it likely means she is improving.

If she's eating too quickly, they can spit up a bit. And on the opposite side, if she wasn't eating well for a bit, they can spit up bile.  I have an empty stomach puker..made all the more difficult as sometimes he's a picky eater..leading to a 'I don't want to eat today...well, now I don't want to eat because I have an icky stomach' situation.