Cryptosporidium

• Gold Top Dog

Cryptosporidium

I have never heard of it and a friend with a rescued Newf said he has it?   She is very worried about it.   Anyone have any input?

• Gold Top Dog
    • Gold Top Dog

Just as my gut reaction this would be one DEFINITE case I would use homeopathy -- it's the only alternative 'science' that can actually help the immune system BETTER itself.  There are herbs that do immune-boosting (echinacea being one chief example) but homeopathy may do it better.

Oscillococcinum (Boiron) would be an easy first choice and readily available (you can even get it at Wal-Mart).  There are others.  But a vet who knows homeopathy would be my best guess -- there are even a few really good ones who do phone consults.

• Gold Top Dog

This is what she said in an email

Deep sigh... the work continues
    >
    > Harley now has solid poo but his stool panel shows
    >
    > Cryptosporidium and hookworm.
    >
    > Hannah (who shares everything with him including spit) tested clean for
    > both worms and crypto.
    >
    > Both dogs are being treated for both aliments.
    >
    > My vet does NOT seem overly concerned. He researched what to put them
    > on and they are on Tylosin for the crypto and drontal for the worms....
    >
    > since I took him off of kibble Harley has normal stool....
    >
    > I'm just glad my vet insists on sending out the stool samples as
    > Cryptosporidium is a very very small bug and not normally seen unless
    > you are looking for it.
    >
    > The vet and techs said that we will not get a false negative with
    > Cryptosporidium.

calliecritturs
    Just as my gut reaction this would be one DEFINITE case I would use homeopathy -- it's the only alternative 'science' that can actually help the immune system BETTER itself.

I hope they find by sending the samples out that they are wrong but in any case I am going to let her know about the homeopathy route.  I figured you would have a good idea of an alternate way to treat.

• Gold Top Dog

JackieG

Yikes! 

Jackie thanks for the link that does sound awful doesnt it.
    • Gold Top Dog

It does, but you know the internet can scare the crap out of you and then you find out that things might not be so terrible.  I really hope that the Newfie is going to be OK.  My co worker's Weim has a fungal infection in his lungs and has been on meds for almost six months.  When we first looked it up on the net we were freaking out but the dog is doing fine (once he got a diagnosis and not just a guess) hope this happens with your friends dog.

And Callie has a great point.  If it's as resistant as it seems then the best offense is a good defense.

• Gold Top Dog

feel free to give them my email

• Gold Top Dog

Thank you Callie, I mentioned your sugestions and she is going to do some research.

• Bronze

One of the significant benefits of tokenization is fractional ownership. Instead of requiring individuals to purchase entire assets, tokenization allows investors gamcaretradeservices.com to buy and trade fractions of assets.