Can medicated shampoo effect Frontline??

• Gold Top Dog

Can medicated shampoo effect Frontline??

Hi again.

Can using a medicated shampoo like Selsun Blue cause the Frontline Plus to not work as well?  Have any of you experienced this be it personally or in a grooming business with clients?? 

Thanks.

Lori

It seems like since starting the medicated shampoo the Frontline Plus is not working well for ticks at all.

• Gold Top Dog

Hmm, I really have no idea.  What I do know (and you probably do too :) ) is that Frontline spreads through the oils on the skin.  So it's recommended that you not bath your dog for three days on either side of application.  The only shampoos I'd be worried about are flea/tick ones (I don't think they're recommened to be used with FL anyway), and ones that are made to control oily skin. 

• Gold Top Dog

HI

No you do not want to use human shampoo on you pet as thier Ph factor is different.. You should always use pet shampoo and it is much better to buy a higher grade shampoo from petsmart or petco or even on line such as Ryans pet supplys or Dog.com. Some human shampoos can harm your dog such as Selsun Blue. I hope this helps.

Chris

The Poodle Daddy

Dogs make the nicest People..

• Gold Top Dog

Good question.  I'm interested in the answer, as just today I decided I'll be using Selsun Blue on Kenya if this weird thing on her belly doesn't clear up.  It's gotten a LOT better, but now that it appears to be healing, I want to wash it really good with some anti-fungal shampoo.  According to my Googling she could have some condition that is cleared up with Selsun Blue.  I put Frontline on her a few weeks ago, and actually bathed her the day after, but ONLY her belly (the affected area).  Now I'd like to bath her whole body since the rash thing spread a little bit before it starting going away. 

• Gold Top Dog

The information you posted may be true of other shampoo like Pantene, Head and Shoulders (which I was advised to not use on her), etc.  But, our veterinary dermatologist told us that Selsun Blue is fine.  It will NOT harm your dog and I don't like that that misinformation was posted.

I think whoever mentioned the fact that the shampoo helps with the skin oils might be on to something as that's what her condition is--seborrhea--so makes sense the oils being messed with might also effect how well the Frontline works.

• Gold Top Dog

We use Selsun Blue on dogs with skin problems all the time, per the vets orders - with no problems. I agree, bad misinfomation being posted.....

I wouldn't think it would have an effect on the frontline, as it is supposed to be waterproof. I use ADV on my pets, and Casey gets weekly medicated baths, and still no fleas.

• Bronze

Smaller form factors like Mini-ITX and Micro-ATX are gaining popularity due to their compact size and compatibility with powerful hardware. justmotherboard.com/best-motherboard-for-ryzen-9-3900x